[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/. I feel like maybe I'm starting to get bored with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1465292980330.jpg (44 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
1465292980330.jpg
44 KB, 352x370
Hey /adv/.
I feel like maybe I'm starting to get bored with my relationship.

I'm only 19, I've been dating this girl since I was 15 years old. She's the only person I've ever had sex with, and my only long term relationship ever. Is it normal to feel this way after a few years in a relationship?
I feel like we're both young and wasting our youth. I feel restricted sometimes, not because she's a restricting person but because I haven't known what it feels like to be single for such a long time.
I have dreams sometimes about dating other girls I know, some that I've never even found attractive, but I always seem so happy in those dreams. I never tell my girlfriend about these. I mean, I love her. She's been so amazing to me and has been my best friend for so long. I just don't know why I'm feeling this way.
Anyone ever been in a similar situation? Is this a sign I need to break up with her?
>>
>>17287988
i left a girl of 5 years cause i started smoking weed and felt indifferent around her cause she wasn't putting out... i left her and she refuses to take me back... it's been 4 years since we broke up and i'm slowly starting to like myself again because the girl after her fucked me mentally and physically...

honestly anon, talk to each other, find new things to do together, anal maybe? but don't leave the girl. most girls nowadays are hoes and fucked up so you may not find bettter altho the grass may seem greener elsewhere

just talk to her bro, do new things together, have a baby or someshit

but trust me, loyalty is scarce and your love life will be fucked up if you leave her for some new poon
>>
My best friend went through the same situation and wanted to take a break, ended up taking the break and realized it was just hormones and asking her back. She got pissed that he basically just wanted to fuck someone then come back to her and he lost her.

It's your choice, either you find a way to get over how you're feeling or you take a break, which can go either one of three ways; you both realize you miss each other and get back together, you realize you don't miss each other and don't get back together, or you go on a break and your girlfriend never takes you back because she feels like she's not good enough.

Most girls (people in general) won't forgive you, just warning you. but if you're having doubts and can imagine yourself breathing a sigh of relief by being out of the relationship, chances are it's what you need to do.
>>
File: coolpepe2.jpg (427 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
coolpepe2.jpg
427 KB, 1543x1360
>>17287988
>I feel restricted sometimes, not because she's a restricting person but because I haven't known what it feels like to be single for such a long time.
>I have dreams sometimes about dating other girls I know, some that I've never even found attractive, but I always seem so happy in those dreams.
Are you happy with your girlfriend? Genuinely happy, like, you could imagine spending your life with her and living with her while you both work some boring day-job and take care of your pets/children?

If so, then take a deep thought about what could future bring if you break up. You could meet some better people and be even happier, or you could end up alone or with someone who you don't really enjoy that much as a person. Both options are pretty plausible, but since you're 19, you'll probably have a lot of relationships ahead of you and the former is very likely. However that depends on a lot of external factors, as your sociability, character, mental health etc. If you're a depressed loner who never gets out of his mother's basement, I would sincerely advise you to stay with the girl. If you're a fitness-enthusiastic party animal, then you'll probably be better off without her.

However, if you're not really happy with her, then the answer is pretty obvious. Why the fuck are you still with her?

(aw yeah im so smart motherfucker)

yeah btw disregard all advice in this post, I'm just a depressed 19yo loner who shitposts on /adv/, /fit/ and /r9k/ because I can't do anything with my life.

Good luck op
>>
>>17288010
I appreciate your advice. It's really helping me think through this and weigh my options.

As a 19 yo on antidepressants who shitposts on the same boards as you, practice what you preach and believe in your words. You seem very wise, and if you followed your own advice, I'm sure you'd find you could do a lot more with your life. It's never too late.
>>
File: 1453352973277.jpg (120 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453352973277.jpg
120 KB, 1440x1080
>>17288024
Thank you, kind anon on the internet.
I'm always happy to spew my wisdom to random people.

[it will never get better for me i should just an hero]
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.