[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wanting to become a firefighter, opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: maltese.jpg (143 KB, 458x462) Image search: [Google]
maltese.jpg
143 KB, 458x462
Wanting to become a firefighter, opinions?
>>
>>17287098
Go for it. It's a nice gig. Just very competitive to get into depending on where you are.
>>
>>17287098
Enjoy your lung disease
>>
Realize what you're doing it for. You should be giving your all and push your limits because your life or another's depends on it.

If you just want a comfy gig, keep looking
>>
>>17287098
Its like a second part time job if you mean be a volunteer, if you make the calls

Danger and excitement and important and rewarding - all plusses in life dude - Have to take it serious
>>
Not op, but I'm in a similar boat.

I have considered joining my volunteer FD for a few years. But never seriously enough to actually apply. But now I found out the girl I am interested in joined hers.

So that caused me to consciously decide to go an apply. I am not sure if I am doing it to have more in common with her, or if she just was the final push for me to do so.
>>
>>17287098
Personal experience: the fire battalion cheif I had an interview with was a complete retard.

I work 20:00 to 4:00 overnight, and on the Monday through Sunday week layout, I said: M: 20:00-23:59, T: 00:00-4:00, 20:00-23:59, etc. This confused him.

I didn't get a callback because he asked "What would your response be if I asked you to do something 'dangerous'?"

"Well, I'd want to know why.. And if it's dangerous rather than reckless..."

Wrong answer apparently, taking a bath with a toaster is what they look for ;)

Anecdote over. It's a good gig and you'll feel good from the training exercise.
>>
I thought it would be cool to be a firefighter. Firefighters are fucking sexy. It was 108 degrees on Tuesday and a fire broke out a few miles from me, it's still going. I pray for the poor, tough fuckers that have to fight that shit in full gear. I wouldn't wish that hell on my worst enemy.
But I live in California. Know what you're up against.
>>
>>17287098
Lazy person's job.

Like police and military.

You'll love it!
>>
>>17287098
It isn't all firefighting and glory. Don't expect that. My family jsed to own an assisted living for elderly and we had to call the firemen all the time to lift people off of the floor, because we cohldnt legally do it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.