[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with loneliness? I literally have no friends,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: hi.jpg (99 KB, 1150x647) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
99 KB, 1150x647
How do you deal with loneliness? I literally have no friends, like I talk to some people, but I don't feel close to them to consider them friends, they are more connected between them.
>>
>>17287073
I eat. Please find another way to cope with loneliness, my way really isn't smart. Also, why isn't there a contact group for lonely people somewhere? This really seems like a simple solution for this problem.
>>
>>17287073
When I was lonely, I went on walks and started reading in public. It'd made me feel like I was in another living room or school court yard just minding my own business.
>>
You just become numb to it. Though it's harder if you live in a metropolitan area. It's a lot easier when you live in a sink estate.
>>
Become their friend. Ask to hang out. Do it. Right now. I can help you more after you've done this and posted how it went.
>>
Turn loneliness into solitude. Do things you want your future self to be able to do instead of the things you always do now. Better yourself, improve yourself. Become your own best friend. As long as you have yourself you will never be alone, you are your own best friend.
>>
>>17287073
Get into a social hobby and go out to meet people. It doesn't matter what it is as long as it's outside your house. If you can't think of anything, google around for local clubs. If you're desperate, try meetup.com. It didn't work for me, but it might for you. You'll have to break outside your comfort zone, because yohr comfort zone clearly doesn't involve making friends. Do things you don't think you'll enjoy. Think of it as the price you have to pay to make friends. Rank these activities by feasibility (how easy it would be to do on a regular basis; is it cheap/nearby/meeting regularly?), enjoyability, and sociability (are you going to be able to talk to people, will you be too intimidated to try, is talking prohibited, are people known for being rude/talkative/etc). Try one of these activities a week. Even if you hate it, as long as you show up every week and try to speak up, eventually someone will want to get to know you better. Find some way of keeping in contact outside the activity. Invite them to stuff outside the activity. If they invite you somewhere, GO. If you don't think you'll enjoy it, tell them you're not sure you'll like it but you're willing to try it once. People respect that, and they'll know you aren't turning them down to go places because you're antisocial.

Something else you should think about is whether you really want friends or if you're afraid of being alone. Everyone's afraid of the latter, but some people are okay without close friends or any real friends at all. I'm one of those people, although I do have some pretty good friends now. I wouldn't be too sad if I never saw most of them again, though.
>>
>>17287073
go to the movies alone, no body stares at you for being alone because its dark. i actually met 3 other people who did this today that way.
>>
>>17287091
can we make one?
>>
>>17287715
Groups on 4chan, no matter the original intent, always devolve into drama filled retardation because female orbiting

Just letting you know beforehand
>>
>>17287073
elevation requires isolation

Also, 520blazeit
>>
>>17287073
>How do you deal with loneliness?
You make friends.

>>17287717
This. It's unfortunate. Would be nice if it worked.
>>
>>17287073
Find a hobby.
Through those hobbies, you can meet new people.
It doesn't have to be a gay ass hobby or anything. It can be videogaming, reading, working out, etc.
It's not easy to get into that shit, but once you do, its cool
>>
>>17288290

Everytime I see someone post this hobby shit I feel like taking a powerdrill to my head

Its such stupid meaningless impersonal advice I'm surprised people bother typing it up
>>
>>17288293
Agreed.
This might be the first time i'm agreeing with you, actually.
>>
File: 3770585-9693277282-vlcsn-copy.png (1 MB, 1305x667) Image search: [Google]
3770585-9693277282-vlcsn-copy.png
1 MB, 1305x667
>>17288322
Yes, yes, well done anon. Well done, anon

However...
>>
>>17287073
I gave up. Once I accepted I was too weird to have real friends, it got infinitely easier.
>>
>>17288293
The reason people suggest hobbies is cause most of these lonely people just don't do fucking shit. They seem to basically be asking to be handed meaningful friendships for doing absolutely nothing, saying nothing and contributing nothing to social exchanges.

If telling them to get out and do something and talk to people is off the table, I've only got a few advice options.

1) Commit a group murder: a few strong friendships for life.

2) Grow tits: numerous friends at a superficial level.
>>
>>17288380
Oh and
>3) Buy them.
Albeit hobbies are out of the question so paying their way to the movies, bowling, fucking miniature golf, pool, vidya, even eating out, etcetera, can't be done here. So they will have to actually pay them cash to be their friends I guess.
>>
>>17287073
>>17288293
Get a hobby
>>
>>17287073
>>17288293
Get a hobby!
>>
I write huge walls of text on /adv/ that nobody reads!
>>
File: Hobbies.jpg (53 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Hobbies.jpg
53 KB, 450x300
>>17287073
>>17288293
Get a fucking hobby!!!
>>
>>17288293
I can't believe I'm agreeing with you as well.

>>17288290
>It can be videogaming, reading, working out, etc.

I've looked up meetups for various comic-book/videogame bollocks, and honestly? I would not fit in. It's like all the cool people decided to invade your hobby.

Best way I can describe it is when middle-class white people started gangster-rapping and you couldn't say anything cos they knew their shit.
>>
>>17288336
lmao you fag
>>
>>17288642
>I googled 2 things and decided they weren't for me without checking them out in person
>>
>>17288698
I've been to a couple of cons, (with "associates" who wanted to see want the fuss was), and it's pretty much social adjusted geeks and normies with groups of autists wondering around.
>>
File: 1466730712410.jpg (429 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
1466730712410.jpg
429 KB, 850x1100
>>17288380
Serial killers don't work in groups usually

>contributing nothing to social exchanges
>they
>them

Normalfags are entitled to their core

Why are you even here?
>>
>>17288293
Maybe it's because you have such an unfulfilling hope of shitposting.
>>
>>17288990
And the problem is?
>>
>>17289006
>unfulfilling hope

That doesn't make sense

Consider revising
>>
File: 1435040518405.jpg (1 MB, 2432x4298) Image search: [Google]
1435040518405.jpg
1 MB, 2432x4298
>>17287073
I read and run. Once I got rid of bitterness and resentment from not having the social life I thought I deserved, I stopped being lonely and was much happier in general.
>>
>>17287073
Some of my best friends (until now) I met in online games.
>>
>>17289015
Hobby...fuck!
>>
>>17289010
>And the problem is...?

Basically being an outsider in your own hobby.
>>
Alright, tomorrow is saturday and britain is out of the eu, I have £200 in my pocket from payday and I'm live in London, in a shit area that is gentrifying.

What's my first move to connect with people?
>>
Loneliness is tricky because I fucking hate it, but at the same time people drain all my energy. I'm also too scared to kill myself and I don't do drugs or drink so there's really no way to escape it for me.
>>
>>17289439
>lame edge

I'm one too, seems like everyone is on something these days and you're just this square twat.
>>
>>17289399
Don't connect with people. Have you not been reading this thread?
>>
>>17289274
How does that make you an outsider? I'd bet you that you are the only one that sees yourself as an outsider. If you talked to them they probably would treat you like anyone else there.
>>
>>17287073
You think drinking would be a good idea?

I've never drank but I really want to numb my thoughts.
>>
Play a MMORPG or another online game that has co operative play. Make sure you use chat to get help with the game and hopefully join a guild at some point. BAMN! Instant social life. (At least this is what has worked for me. Hopefully it can help you too.)
>>
It's better to have no friends than a bunch of friends who are all slowly getting married while you're left being alone.
Losing friends is the worst.
>>
>>17287091
me too
i also used to cut but i find whipping myself with a switch is also satisfying and you don't get marks from it
>>
>>17289028
>six boingillion
well that kinda brightened up my day
>>
>>17291086
Never really enjoyed the grind of MMORPGs
>>
>>17288293
you know why people suggest that shit? because it fucking works.

never had a friend in my life, i've always been the awkward third wheel and been left alone most times and was even bullied to the point that made sure i had no one coming near me. i've never been invited to parties or hang outs, absolutely nothing; i was like a fucking plague to people just because i was quiet and a little awkward and a little ugly. i became a shut in and a kissless, hand holdless virgin as well. and i'm a fucking girl. how does a girl fuck up on easy mode?

luckily i picked up drawing and story writing at a young age and kept at it. it let me forget that i was ever lonely and i even accumulated some fans and i felt a little less insignificant. later, i got good enough that i would get respect and admiration from people in real life because my skills improved from shitty anime drawings to something close to a professional level. this gave me enough confidence to start trying to be social again and feel like i'm actually worth people's time. i even started going to the gym which helped tremendously with my confidence. i put more effort into my appearance too because i felt like it was worth giving that shit a shot now that people are paying attention to me.

i now have people who want to get to know me and wants to be friends, and a boyfriend that actually may give a shit about me.

i learned 2 things if you don't want to be lonely: 1. you're only worth what people can squeeze out of you, and 2. you have your hobbies if you have no one else.

i would've killed myself already if this shit didn't work
>>
>>17291453
What if I'm already 18 years? It's too late for me to become good at something. I really want to learn a instrument but I feel like people would think I'm a nerd for doing this
>>
>>17291970
>18

Please come back when you're 25+ with the same comment.
>>
Took all my holidays in 3 weeks in a row. It's going to suck. I either destroy my joints at work or sit at home at the computer.
>>
>>17291970
>What if I'm already 18 years? It's too late for me to become good at something.

wow. doom n gloom.
>>
>>17292256
Is it too late at 25+?
>>
>>17293702
I'll tell you when i get there.
>>
>>17287073
go to the movie theater alone its nice
>>
>>17293955
Well, not the same Anon, but *I'm* there. So if it's too late, you'd better let me know before I waste effort.
>>
>>17294020
Personally, I've got there and nothing's changed.>>17294020
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.