[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being worried of burning bridges/making enemies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Gangster shit.jpg (87 KB, 960x829) Image search: [Google]
Gangster shit.jpg
87 KB, 960x829
How do I stop being worried of burning bridges/making enemies? I've always tried to be a "nice guy" in life, but I'm starting to get sick of people not taking the hint when I don't want to do something, or am not particularly interested in hearing what they have to say. How do I learn to kind of just tell people to fuck off, and not be worried about them getting upset? And I'm not talking about this in the realm of close friends/family, I just mean people that I don't really know that well or see infrequently.

It's like I'm afraid of the idea of people disliking me, I think it has to do with my self esteem issues that I'm currently trying to work on by getting in better shape.
>>
>>17286537
>How do I learn to kind of just tell people to fuck off, and not be worried about them getting upset?
Just punch them in the face, they'll get the idea. (this should not be taken seriously )
>>
File: adv.jpg (11 KB, 230x292) Image search: [Google]
adv.jpg
11 KB, 230x292
How does the DEA get away with using toxins to subtract virility from an otherwise sane individual?
>>
>>17286537
>I'm starting to get sick of people not taking the hint when I don't want to do something
Then stop dropping hints and be direct instead, you fuckwit. You don't have to be rude about it, but you do need to be clear. A simple "No, thank you," followed by moving on to the next topic or task is enough.
>>
>>17286537
I feel you op.
>>
>>17286537
find a few phrases that are both polite but assertive" id like to dude, but xxx is going on"

if you like yourself, others will as well. working out is always good, even just a little bit. maybe getting a hobby or guitar or something like that will make you more interesting and unique, and boost your self esteem
>>
File: angrypepe3.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
angrypepe3.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>17286537
Starting a private fight club certainly helped me. I was in the same boat as you.

Or you just have to allow yourself to be an asshole. Yeah, some people will hate you, yeah, you'll feel like a shit for a while, but it's not that of a big deal.

I understand how you feel, I only recently cut contact with most of the toxic people in my life and I've been raging for a week now. I can't sleep or relax without benzos, and whenever I think about our conflicts I get so mad I just want to punch something around me.
So be ready to experience this sort of thing if you have a fear of being disliked.

Though it will probably pass after a while when my brain learns that being hated is not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>17286537
>not making enemies

Where's the fun in that?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.