[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do to increase my chances of getting an interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: manipulative pepe.jpg (23 KB, 394x458) Image search: [Google]
manipulative pepe.jpg
23 KB, 394x458
What can I do to increase my chances of getting an interview at a fast-food job during or after applying online. A life-hack of sorts.

Like is there a number I should call or person I should talk to so that they will move me to the top of a list?
>>
>>17286457
apply online, and go in there and ask. i know a girl who went in every month for 4 months and got hired when they started hiring again
>>
>>17286526
Mhmm... I tried that at different places and they(manager and employee) just told me "To apply online" I don't know if it helped my chances giving them a resume or if they just threw it away.
>>
>>17286457
It's a numbers game. Just keep applying. Do volunteer work in the meantime to put on your resume.

Reaching out to them in person or over the phone could hurt your chances. One of my old bosses would automatically not hire someone if they repeatedly called the store wanting to know about the status of their application.
>>
>>17286566
and then you walked away? dont be shy, say "yes i applied online, and am checking in to see if you are hiring yet. My name is XXX nice to meet you"

get your face in there - they will actually see that you want the job. and by saying your name to them, when they do look at all of those applications, they can now place your name to the application

dude if youre broke and need a job, u got nothin to lose. ALWAYS keep eye contact and at least some kind of smile or positive expression. all uve got is your impression, and hopefully you can get the ball rolling in their mind to hire you.

do it at like all of the restaurants, like all of them. why not?
>>
A lot of fast food places will hire on the spot. Ask someone when the Main manager is working and come in on that day. Ask for that person and Come in with a pre-filled application. Tell them about yourself and pretty much give yourself an interview on the spot.
>>
>>17286673
> this
But only go in once a week. Don't spam the shit out of them and piss them off, just let them know you still care.
Bonus points if you go in on the slowest day/time so that the manager doesn't forget you amid all the chaos.
> dress nice (Polo or button up with clean pants)
> hair combed
> speak clearly, politely, and directly.
> don't apologize for being persistent. Be proud of your grit, and confident in yourself.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.