[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a job at Mickey D's, any advice or worries I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
Just got a job at Mickey D's, any advice or worries I should be aware of?
>>
>>17286206
You'll quit after a week.

It sucks.
>>
Beware of the hamburgelar.
>>
>>17286213
Yeah, I'm not planning on staying for long, I just need something to hold me over for a bit
>>
>>17286218
Yeah, I'll watch out for that
>>
To make the most of your time, try to work your way into a supervisor position. Menial labor is not impressive, but supervising others doing menial labor is something people like to see on resumes.
>>
What's the first word in Fast Food?

Is it a smaller store, or standalone with playplace and everything?

Ask them if they want to Large size the meal at the start of the order, if they haven't changed their POS system it'll make you remove the entire order which is a pain in the ass if they wanted no onion, no pickles, light mustard, light ketchup, and extra cheese.

If they order a 10 piece, and you only have 9 nuggets, just give them 9 nuggets. Worst case scenario, they say you missed a nugget, and you slap 'em a fresh 4 piece on the quick 'cause they're all ready now.

McDonalds employee for 2 years who made it into management before quitting
>>
>>17286253
He says ruble ruble and wears a mask so be on the look out.
>>
>>17286259
Great advice, many thanks
>>
hey I'm sometimes a customer. What can I do to make sure I don't annoy you? I work in retail myself, my whole life, and I know food service is the worst of retail. I understand how it is.

What can I do or say to show I understand and care?
>>
>>17286389

When I used to work food, "special orders" or some substitution requests made life difficult during the lunch rush hour. I was happy to do these things when it was slow, but when I had a long line growing, it was bothersome.

Pay with credit/debit if it's busy so I don't have to count out change or wait for you to dig around in your wallet or purse for the one nickel you need.

If you sit down, wipe off sauces that get on the table or seat. Those are gross to clean up if they have to sit long enough to solidify.

Smile, especially if it's busy or someone was rude to us. Sometimes one nice person makes a shitty day better. Exchange pleasantries and then go, don't talk for long minutes at a time when there are other customers waiting.

That's all I can think of right now.
>>
>>17286389
Bow to the workers after you buy the food. After you bow, shake our hand and say thank you very much, then stuff a $10 bill into our shirt pocket.
>>
>>17286408
I already do these! I am polite and smile, say "thank you for helping" at the end, I always pay with a card or have all the cash I need in my hand before buying. I usually sit in my car to eat, but if I eat inside, I eat cleanly because I'm naturally a clean person. Like I put napkins on my lap and on the table. And I clean up after myself, even if something falls onto the floor. Finally, what I order isn't complicated. I like
>small ice cream cones
>artisan grilled chicken sammich

That's pretty much it. No sauces, no drinks (I bring my own), no bullshit
>>
>>17286389
State your order full and complete the first time, leave no follow up questions.

"I'll take a number X medium, with a coke, Y sauce, and that should do it for me"
>>
File: 2775241-1378732_xena115.jpg (64 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
2775241-1378732_xena115.jpg
64 KB, 640x430
>>17286259
>just give them 9 nuggets

There's a special place in hell for you
>>
>>17286474
It's called upper management
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.