[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone give me /adv/ about getting hired in a hospital? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: hospitals.jpg (104 KB, 630x360) Image search: [Google]
hospitals.jpg
104 KB, 630x360
Can anyone give me /adv/ about getting hired in a hospital? I have 2 years of administrative assistant experience and want to work at a hospital, as I know they are stable and offer good benefits + tuition for school.
>>
>>17285838
in what capacity?

go to their website and look for job openings same as anything else
>>
>>17285851
Making it past the application process. I have sent over 20+ applications to various hospitals and the closest I have gotten was having my application being reviewed. Never been called or anything. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or should go about it differently.
>>
>>17285838
>go to website
>careers
>apply to listings

i volunteered at a hospital for a few months. got hired. they'll always take volunteers, need to get yourself in the right department to meet people, shake hands, etc. the risk is that even if you're competent at your job and you seem to get along well with everyone, if they don't have room in the budget and no one is leaving then you're just there.
>>
>>17285860
do you ever follow up on your application?
>>
>>17285862
Would you say the risk is worth it?

>>17285881
I do, and they usually just say due to the high volume of applicants that they cannot get back to everyone or that they filled in the position.
>>
>>17285888
i wasn't intending on working at this hospital. i was just going to volunteer since i was waiting for my program to start. director approached me due to praise from the doctors and staff and asked if i was interested in employment.

there are roughly 9 other volunteers at this department. i had been there for nearly two months before being approached. there were volunteers that had been there nearly two years and were seemingly never approached.

... so yeah. just don't be shit at your job. volunteering twice or thrice a week shouldn't keep you from continuing to apply around and send out resumes.
>>
>>17285910
I will try this. Thanks anon.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.