[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deciding Between Two Jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: job decisions.jpg (225 KB, 1522x666) Image search: [Google]
job decisions.jpg
225 KB, 1522x666
>21
>Junior Year of college
>Early Education Major
>go in for 2 interviews
>first interview doesn't call back
>second interview offers to hire me on the spot
>2 days later first interview offers me a position

So now I don't know what to do
>Job 1: Less hours, walking distance, independently owned, $9.50/hr
>Job 2: More hours, further, franchise, $10 and she gave me room to haggle.

What do? Thanks /adv/
>>
>>17285713
Depends on your workload during college and how much you need the money. It's also worth considering which job will give you the best connections for whatever you want to do once you graduate.

I think they both have positives. Job 1 will work better with college and, because it's independent, give you more freedom as an educator. Job 2 may give you more structure which can be helpful if you're completely new to the field and will give you more work experience.

I don't think either will be a bad choice, so choose whichever fits your career goals and life better.
>>
>>17285713

id haggle up, but like the other anon said it depends entirely on the rest of your life. the pros and cons balance out evenly so its a matter of what you want and what you need (or need MORE as the case may be)
>>
>>17285751
I do need the money.Thank you for laying out the situation.
>>17285765
The thing is i'm not sure how appropriate haggling is as an entry position with education.
>>
>>17285770

if they gave you room to haggle, it seems its appropriate. if you can shoot up to 11, id do it, btu thats just me, im in a position in life where all that matters is getting more money.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.