[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be a bad idea to buy my boyfriend a 3DS? >He really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1390699691482.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1390699691482.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
Would it be a bad idea to buy my boyfriend a 3DS?
>He really wants one
>Has sold his last two for other things because he is poor
>He knows it was stupid, but it was an impulse at the time
>I know he wouldn't sell something I gave him
>Taking care of parents is his job
>Is trying to get caretaker income, govt is being slow about it
>We are LDR (for now)
>He feels kind of bad when people give him stuff because of dicks in the past

I've bought him stuff before but it was all $30 and under items. This is on a different level.
I don't know if this is a good idea or not.

Yes, I posted a thread here recently. One or two of you may remember.
>>
>>17284942
Maybe you could choose a special edition based on something he likes? That shows it's more of a "thoughtful" gift and less of a "hey look at how I spoil you" gift.

My gf has bought me things like this from time to time (we are both pretty poor so we usually talk about it first) and it makes me feel good because I know it comes from a good place. But you need to make it clear you aren't buying it to show off, but to show you care and to give him a way to relax now and then.
>>
>>17284942
Why the dubts? how can expensive gifts do any harm? if you can afford it and you don't think you will regret the money spent, then do it.
>>
>>17284950
Yeah, his life is fucking miserable and I won't be anywhere near him until October and I want to do everything I can to make him happy.
He emphasised a game he wanted so I'll be getting him that as well.
>>17284952
I just have fears about him feeling extreme guilt or feeling like he owes me.
>>
>>17284956
Your heart is in the right place. I can't imagine anyone being so upset about a gift like that to cause any damage.

You could always say it is to play together (if you don't have a 3DS yourself, you could get one. They are fun.)
>>
>>17284975
I'll get one later so we can play Pokemon.
>>
>>17284979
Thats a great plan, Pokemon is one of the ways I bond with my gf (we met via LDR too.) Past the LDR phase but we still play together.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.