[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Panicking about uni results
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tfwnocash.jpg (161 KB, 1300x954) Image search: [Google]
tfwnocash.jpg
161 KB, 1300x954
Hi /adv/
Going to keep this short. Uni results are out in a week and I think I might have failed one or two of my courses due to sperging out with essays. Each course is $2500 so no idea how to explain to parents assuming this happens. Is there any way to appeal this sort of thing? If not, wat do?

Also I'm an ausfag so adderall isn't an option for next semester. Work ethic is really shit anyway because I get about a month into the semester and then go through a huge slump where I miss a lecture due to sickness or whatever and it goes steadily downhill. Not sure what I'm really trying to say here but anyway.
Cheers guys
>>
- Get dex instead of adderall

- Which university do you go to that doesn't have online lectures wtf?

- Tell your parents that you were struggling with some stuff that you can't really talk about, but that you think you're better now and you'll do better next time

- Fix your work ethic.
>>
>>17284848
I mean missing lectures as in I attend/view them all and take notes up to one day where I burn out or get sick or whatever. From then on I'm apathetic as fuck and keep telling myself that I'll do notes on the weekend or whatever.
>>
>>17284861

Why do you give up though? Is there a specific reason? Tbh you shouldn't even be struggling with university, I study 2 days before my exams and get D/HD easily. I might be gifted or whatever, but if I can do that; then surely if you just do a few weeks of work you should be fine.
>>
>>17284936
Essay structure is complete shit, I get a paragraph in and start ranting on about something tangentially related. Also one of the courses I got fucked in was French, because my textbook came 7 weeks late so I missed all the online stuff up to then and was failing exams. Did ok in a submitted task (90%) which brought me back to the 50s but I tanked the final French assessment because it was a group task with a fucking exchange student who could barely even speak English.

But in general my cramming sucks because I can't dedicate myself to shit
>>
>>17284936
What's your study technique if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>17285099

1. Go through revision lecture
2. Anything that I didn't cover in assignments I go over
3. Learn core concepts
4. Understand how things work from a logical standpoint
5. Link logical understandings of concepts to real world examples
6. Sit exam & win

Tbh understanding how things work, as opposed to just trying to rote/recite learn is far beneficial to just endlessly going through notes for no reason. I'm not going to lie, I get carried by my assignment results (typically 90%-100%), and even then I start those usually the day of it being due, or a few days before for anything more than 5,000 words.

OP, try to surround yourself with people in Uni who make you want to go, and make you want to study. I have a girlfriend, but she doesn't motivate me to study at all, so I usually find a decently attractive girl to hang out with and do assignments together. Do the same thing, but for study and that should help you stay motivated.

Hopefully I don't need to teach you how to talk to females :s
>>
Can we just turn this into a college/university study tips thread? There are probably a lot of anons who'd benefit from this :^)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.