[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I deserve good things >I am entitled to my share of h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Pondering.jpg (217 KB, 728x460) Image search: [Google]
Pondering.jpg
217 KB, 728x460
>I deserve good things
>I am entitled to my share of happiness
>I refuse to beat myself up
>I am an attractive person
>I am fun to be with

Does saying this stuff to yourself every morning really raise people's self esteem and confidence? I've never even heard of daily affirmation but I feel like trying it, I kind of think it's just a mind trick into making you change your outlook on yourself. I'm just wondering if I say this to myself everyday for like a week, I wonder if I'll feel less depressed and more self confidence/self esteem.

I mean if it works or makes me feel better than I guess it doesn't matter if it's a bunch of babble garbage nonsense. It kind of reminds me of Cognitive Therapy or some shit, where you like "change" the individual's outlook on situations and redirect their mentality as being more optimistic and positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldAQ6Rh5ZI
>>
Saying it and believing it are opposite ends of the fucking spectrum, friendo.
>>
>>17284128
Well, I get that but isn't that the point of saying these everyday to yourself? You eventually start to believe it, isn't that the premise beyond Cognitive Therapy? Changing what you believe, you eventually will believe it if you keep saying it, also if you really want to improve and be happy then I think you'd believe anything.

That's just what I think
>>
>>17284128
That's true, but more than likely if OP says these things frequently enough and for a long enough period of time, he will be more likely to believe the statements.

I'm just saying it could work, and there can't be any harm in trying, so go for it OP, let us know how it works, but I'd say try it for at least a month before you give up, training your brain to think certain things can take awhile.
>>
>>17284125
I know 2 people who do this, and it seems to work for them

YOU control your feelings - if you keep calling yourself a loser, you will be a loser

So call yourself something positive, and maybe you will feel more positive - it seems to make sense
>>
>>17284125
>Does saying this stuff to yourself every morning really raise people's self esteem and confidence?
It can't work miracles. But if your self-esteem is extremely low to start with, it can be a good first step to getting out. Just remember that it's not the last.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.