[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knock some sense into me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: rJrQbCV.jpg (53 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
rJrQbCV.jpg
53 KB, 800x488
Sorry in advance if it ends up being a long read

>Generally get lucky with chicks finding me attractive for whatever reason
>One day meet older girl who I fall for hard while young
>Feel great connection with this girl and speak to her daily
>Once I become of age we fool around/start a relationship
>Girl breaks up with me because she wants children soon and I think I'm too young for that
>Months of no contact, try forget about her
>Get with a few other girls, but don't feel much for them
>Initial infatuation wears off quickly and I end up disliking said girl
>This happens with every chick since older girl
>I want this to fucking end

A few more months and it'll be a year that I'm still stuck on her. Anons please give me something to go on here. I don't want to continue pining for her when she's moved on and is doing well for herself. I realized that this problem is out of hand tonight when I couldn't be bothered enough to be interested in texting a chick my friend is trying to hook me up with. There I am texting this stranger who is decent enough and i just don't care. I put my phone down and went to go masturbate instead of text this girl. I don't know. I feel pathetic.
>>
File: 647955.jpg (72 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
647955.jpg
72 KB, 400x614
Bang a younger chick.
>>
File: ching_chong.png (96 KB, 800x1048) Image search: [Google]
ching_chong.png
96 KB, 800x1048
>>17283716
You know I would love for it to be that easy
>>
>>17283712
>Girl breaks up with me because she wants children soon and I think I'm too young for that
You just turned 18? Then you are too young for that. Way too young. You two are at different stages in your life and you're just not compatible. It sucks, but there's no way around it.

I can't magically make you not feel this way, unfortunately, but I can provide an outside perspective and tell you a couple things you probably already know (but it can help to hear them from somebody else). Getting hung up on one girl like that is silly, especially at your age. I'm sure she's cool, but there's lots of cool girls in the world. Nobody has a "One True Love," you have lots of potential One True Loves out there and one day you'll meet one who you connect with just as strongly. I guarantee it. Try to keep that in mind intellectually even if on a gut level it feels impossible. Try also to bear in mind that what's keeping you hung up on her is probably largely the lack of resolution and not that she's just so special and wonderful and beautiful and so on.

And don't beat yourself up; a year is a long time in a young person's life, but it's not THAT long in the grand scheme of things. You haven't been hung up on her so long that I'm inclined to call you abnormal or anything. At least you've still been getting out there and living life, even if the flings you've had since then haven't been satisfying. Even if it just feels like you're going through the motions, having the drive to do even that counts for an awful lot.
>>
File: 1447735540618.jpg (19 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1447735540618.jpg
19 KB, 184x184
>>17283773
Yea I'm barely legal. The thought of having children in the near future is too much for me. I can't even support myself right now, I don't want to worry about supporting a family just yet. I hate hearing
>You two are at different stages in your and you're just not compatible
because you're right. I've heard it from everyone I go to with this problem for help. But it hasn't hit as close to home as when it comes from someone with a complete outside view. I'll try to remain hopeful, even if just a tiny bit, that after time another girl will make me fall for her just as hard or even harder. It's discouraging when the past few have not meant a whole lot to me, but I knew from the start more or less they were only there because she wasn't. I need to be with a girl because I want to be with her, not because I want a replacement. As for the lack of resolution. I'll have to bite the bullet there and keep that swept under the rug. I'm not going to be hearing from her any time soon and even if by some off chance I do, I don't know if any good would come of it.

Thank you very much anon. Really this means a lot and I'm feeling better then I have about this in a good while. Even if it takes a while I'll be just fine.
>>
>>17283869
You're welcome, man. Really, I think you'll be fine; it might take a little while longer, but you'll be fine. Best of luck.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.