[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is getting into a relationship RNG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: the_end.jpg (18 KB, 317x623) Image search: [Google]
the_end.jpg
18 KB, 317x623
I am starting to feel that getting into a relationship is really just RNG or begging RNGesus to assist you.

I am 26 and have never been in a relationship. I know many people who probably shouldn't be in one but are in one. Which is fine.. but what I want to know is how they even got into one.

It seems like NOTHING but RNG comes into play when it comes to relationship. No skill involved, no formula, no... sense? It just seems like people try until they get into one through the grace of RNG.

What am I missing? My friends have told me that its getting super weird that I haven't had a single relationship. They are right.. I know its getting weird but I don't have any power to stop it or control it.

This is why more modern video games have been using pseudo RNG for a lot of things. With pseudo RNG, what you need to happen will happen in a certain amount of time guaranteed. With regular RNG.. you could get destroyed by it for eternity.

Help me understand.. does relationship acquisition even require a particular set of skills? Maybe I am just unskillful?
>>
One thing that really REALLY helps "Noticed the capitalized really because its REALLY important" Is that you my friend you, you , YOUUUUU you need to look GOOD

And by looking good I mean you need to be in good physical health mm hmmmm yessssssssssssss that is correct good physical health. Good physical heath translates to feeling better in general and that will make socializing and learning in general just much easier and the sex is also great

Listen have you thought about how terrible it would be to have sex if you're out of shape? Well LMFAO I BET IT WOULD SUCK DONKEY DICK because you'd be thrusting into her and then want to stop heaving your manly Pipe Squeaker down her CHOO CHOO just to catch your breath

So what do you do I mean what what is there what could you possibly do well AH HAH here it is you got to go to the /fit/ sticky friend and oh man the /fit/ sticky well you're gonna have to really avoid the board in general but the sticky is good just read that and you'll be ham moggilng your dingus with your GF when the time comes and when the time comes I don't know but I hope you don't come before the time comes get it because sex
>>
How many girls have you asked out in your lifetime?

If you don't give a number, I'll assume 0.
>>
You need to be charismatic and/or flirtatious (easy with practice), or otherwise really appealing (affluent, famous, etc.) but the latter won't get you a good relationship.
>>
>>17283196
You know, I have tried approaching it as systematically as possible, as if its some sort of percentage based thing. I would only ask out girls whom i felt would be compatible with me. I'm talking personality-wise,interests,same social situations, anything.

Absolutely none of the girls I were interested in had any interest back. Not even the one who pretty much had almost every trait i considered attractive. I'm gonna assume this shit is RNG related, Either that or I'm not picking the right dialogue options.

Real life sucks. Balancing is piss poor, and its too grind heavy.
>>
>>17283212

I have asked out maybe 4-5 women in my entire life. None of them panned out. I did go out with one woman for a bit but then she told me she had gotten out of a gut wrenching relationship and now I am scared to even talk to her. Like.. what the fuck do you even say to people who got mangled in a relationship?

Anyway, I think my biggest concern is that I just don't get enough chances. Unfortunately, I feel ripped off because while all my friends got to have fun in their teenage years and actually date and figure what works for them. I was busy just trying to survive in this world. As a result, I aged but gained no experience in that department of life.

I want to be able to maintain a healthy relationship but I am starting to feel like my emotions may be out of order. I don't feel passion properly I think. Or maybe nothing has just made me feel passionate yet? I don't know.
>>
>>17283214
>>17283224
Don't ask them out out of nowhere. Build up to it. People get into relationships based off chemistry. You could be drop dead gorgeous and guess what? If you're autistic and don't build chemistry you aren't getting a girl. You could ask out the whole neighborhood out of the blue and guess what? If you don't build any chemistry beforehand with anyone you'll get barely any responses and those you get back will be the really desperate people, or people with ulterior motives.

Get people to like you, then ask them out.
>>
>>17283196
It is 100% RNG.

There are millions, billions of people out there and you just have to hope you find one that matches with you. That perfect person could be in a in a small town of another country that you will never visit, or they could be in your neighborhood.

Best of luck.
>>
>>17283214

content patch when!?

but really though, I feel the pain. I also hate having to pretend. I feel as if I can't be myself around most women because they just don't get it. Like if I am hyped up about a video game, I can't express it to most women because they will think I am a man child or something. If they ask me what my hobbies are and I saw "I really enjoy painting miniature figurines". They will think I am retarded. All my interests I feel like I have to hide. I feel like I have to hide everything and I don't want to do that.

I think thats why nothing became of the women I dated. I just didn't want to have to pretend 24/7. That is no way to live.. right?
>>
>>17283230
>Get people to like you, then ask them out.
Just because people like you, doesnt mean they'll always want to go out with you though. Not everybody wants to date their friends.

Arguably, Im a pretty likeable guy. I find it easy to make friends. It actually surprises me that some of the people I know still remember me and have offered me rides to places. However, every girl i've been into has not felt the same. If they don't outright turn me down, they'll say they'd rather stay friends. Half the time at that point, they just shy away from the friendship until they are fully out of your life.

I'm not THAT stupid. I dont just go up to random chicks and ask them out. Nowadays i try to stay in that "could be potential friend, could be lover" area, both so i dont get too attached, and they cant pull the lets stay just friends,excuse.
>>
>I am 26 and have never been in a relationship.
>I have asked out maybe 4-5 women in my entire life. None of them panned out.
Nigga...

>>17283234
Life is not a videogame. Women, just like you, are real people with real needs and real interests and real concerns about who they partner with. Wouldn't you be turned off if some girl said, "well, I like dressing up my dog alone in my house. That's a big hobby of mine. That entertains me. That's how I get my rocks off, so to speak." You'd be a little weirded out, wouldn't you? What's the qualitative difference between painting miniatures and dressing up your dog? Nothing. They're both arbitrary, pointless acts you're doing to fill time. They're nothing another person could get excited about unless they shared the interest. Would you be content if a girl invited you over, for hours at a time, to help her dress up her dog?

This is completely ignoring your looks and her looks - presumably you're not that great looking, and one hopes that since you seem chronically uncharismatic you are also attempting to date girls who are just as mediocre and uncharismatic as you are. If you want better girls, you have to better yourself.
>>
>>17283245
Do I really have to spell it out that I mean like you romantically? Platonic liking and sexual/romantic liking are very different. You don't make prolonged glances at friends, glance away, glance back. You don't get all touchy feeling with their legs, hands. You don't flirt with them, lean in close to them. The process for friendship and the process for relationship are entirely different things. You can go from friendship to relationship, or even - occasionally - relationship to friendship, but they are not interchangeable.

Asking out a friend out of the blue or confessing to them that you like them out of the blue is just as bad as if not worse - since you are going to lose your friend - than doing it to a stranger. You don't ever, ever dump that shit on them out of nowhere. MAKE them like you the way you like them. Then ask them out or confess your feelings.
>>
>>17283234
Man we need a freaking maintenance patch before we get new content,friend. What kinda bullshit is this?
>Girl has 100% match rate with you, but you have 0% match rate with her.
Thats one shitty glitch if i've ever seen one.
>>
>>17283264

Anon's droppin' dat troof over here.
>>
Oh fuck, another fucking acronym I need to learn. Why the fuck can't people just learn to type?
>>
>>17283264

OP here, this does make sense.. but what am I to do? Pick up hobbies specific to women? I am actually super bugged out right now that the girl I did like and did have a lot in common with is fucked up due to a long term relationship she said she was in. I don't even know if I should ask her out anymore because it feels like I would be taking advantage of the situation.
>>
File: 1444269381930.jpg (35 KB, 482x404) Image search: [Google]
1444269381930.jpg
35 KB, 482x404
>>17283266
Well when you put it that way.
I have severly fucked up then. Not only did I lose someone who very well couldve been the perfect girl for me, I'm pretty much shit out of luck.

How the hell do you flirt? How the hell do you flirt with friends, or around friends? Actually a better question would be how do you make someone romantically interested in you? Is there different methods for different types of girls? Is there even a flirt method for the kind of girls I Iike, or am I just looking at the wrong kind of girls.

I shouldve known my inability to flirt wouldve eventually became my downfall.
>>
File: 3a81CbV.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
3a81CbV.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>17283284
>how the hell do you flirt?

You make women laugh, you talk to them like human beans not like goddesses (because they're not, no matter what the SJW feminists tell you).

Someone will be romantically interested in you, if she is romantically interested in you. There are many ways you can come off as attractive
>acting like you don't care
>being confident
>eye contact
>being funny

If you can crack jokes normies will laugh at, you're golden bro. That's my best advice, be funny.
>>
>>17283232
only correct answer imo
>>
>>17283271
Because you need to learn the acronyms. RNG = random number generator
>>
>>17283284
>Is there different methods for different types of girls?
To an extent. At the end of the day, the base rules are the same. The general idea will always be constant. But the specifics and approach that each person wants will vary a little bit from person to person.

>How the hell do you flirt with friends, or around friends?
There is no distinction between this and flirting with people who are not your friends or around people who are not your friends. The only thing I would say about this is don't ramp up flirtatious behavior to ten around a friend you're trying to pursue. If it has all the subtlety of a brick to the face hitting them, there is no distinction between that and confessing feelings for them out of nowhere. They'll know your game. Ramp it up slowly, do it in a way they don't realize that things are changing, and by the time they do they're already on board so they won't care.

>How the hell do you flirt?
There's a lot of different things I could tell you, mirroring body language, prolonged eye contact, innocuous touching - like brushing your hand against someone "innocently" when passing them something or touching their arm/leg/back (as appropriate) while emphasising something you say or to get their attention. You can make jokes or allude to things slightly sexual in nature (but understand there are boundaries), talk about more intimate things that you would talk about with only a girlfriend and not friends (but again, nothing that would be too extreme and inappropriate to discuss). Those are a few to get you started, but honestly google has a lot of good tips about flirting and how to get girls to like you. Don't fall into PUA shit though, it has some general tips that you could use to your own advantage, mixed with a whole host of retardation or wrong ideas about why it works and general poisonous mindsets.

And don't be an asshole to get girls to like you. Confidence is attractive, playful cockiness and playful teasing too.
>>
>>17283308
Continued.

But no one likes someone who genuinely believes their shit doesn't stink, or who is actually putting them down. Flirting is a game, and I don't mean that as in it's a mind game and you have to play dumb games to get it. I mean it's a fun thing, it is a mind game, but it's enjoyable and harmless so long as you're generally thoughtful about who you pursue. Keep away from anyone you need to act professionally with, people who are taken, or people you don't have any serious idea of pursuing. Stuff like that. Then relax and once you get used to flirting, have fun with it. Honestly the pursuit of someone is way more fun and carefree than the relationship. And I say that as a serial monogamist.
>>
>>17283292
Well, I guess screwed. I'm the kind of guy who just makes funny one liners when the opportunity presents itself. I'm not funny by myself at all. And my friends are far from normies.

and the rest of that I do to everybody. That just sounds like it's literal RNG, and you almost have no say in who you want to end up with
>>
>>17283292
To add onto this, just GIVE THEM ATTENTION. If it's unwanted, they'll let you know by being bitchy or whatever, but you can't succeed if you don't try.

>>17283282
Don't think of it as a date, think of it as a job interview. You wouldn't say, "Well, I sure like watching shemales masturbate," or "yes, I spend most of my private time alone in my basement." These are not winning subjects for losers, so don't even broach them. Keep your date entertained and having fun and enjoying herself, just like you would hope from her, and the rest will come naturally. Avoid subjects that would cause you to be shut down before you can prove yourself, unless you know for certain you share interests.
>>
>>17283284
Show romantical interest in them. Subtly but noticeably. Show interest in their personal life, obviously to an appropriate extent, you don't seem like a robot so i think you can tell. Start doing things one on one. Open up. Tell them that you like them. And if you get a similar response maybe go to i really like you a lot you know, i enjoy the time we spend together. Its about planting that idea in their head that you are potentially more than just a friend. And if they like you anyway and you are not ugly as shit in their eyes they will consider it. At some point it is rng but its bound to happen after a couple of high quality rolls ;)
>>
You use terms like RNG and RNGesus to describe real world problems, I'll let you figure out the rest.
>>
File: JUSTDO.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
I feel like I had a chance and fucked it up and now fate is holding all my other chances ransom. Like now, all I ever do is look for a girl just like the girl I liked the most a long time ago.

I wish my brain could forget her. its funny because I never really even did anything with her.

Just fuck my shit up.
>>
File: 1465881761639.png (116 KB, 505x427) Image search: [Google]
1465881761639.png
116 KB, 505x427
>>17283319
Well now I wish I could start over. That perfect girl I like doesn't even want to talk to me anymore. That wouldve came in handy long before I had the crazy idea of asking her out.

So what do I do now? Should I start talking to the girl I like now,more? We are friends and do often play with each other when we go to the video games club on campus, Hell, she actually answers my texts and talks to me. At first I wasn't keen on asking her out,because I know she doesn't feel the same, but well, now I feel like I can actually change that.
Iunno I guess it's worth a shot.
>>
I am intensely bothered by the fact that women get many more chances in this RNG based field. A lot of people ask me, "How is it possible you have never had a girlfriend?" I honestly have no idea how to respond but most of the women I talk to told me they had a boyfriend in their teenage years.

I feel gypped
>>
>>17283402
Its not about convincing them to like you romantically. If they don't like you in that way they don't like you in that way. Accept it. You're not a pick up artist trying to make some girl do something she doesn't want to.
If you have asked her out in the past and she said no but you are friends now you have, not very subtly but still planted that seed. So if you now show romantic interest in her she will see where things are going and if she hasn't changed her mind since the last time you asked her it's just not gonna happen. But if she was just a bit overrun because she simply hadn't grown any romantic interest in you at the time and is more open to the idea now it can be worth a try.
The key thing is that you are not trying to win her over through some big trick or game. You're just making sure she doesn't miss you because she never thought of you like that. You're carefully asking the question, or putting it out there rather: i am maybe boyfriend material? Have a feel!
>>
>>17283806
So should I not try to go for it? I never asked her out, I just have a gut feeling that she's not into me like that. Seems to me it's worth a shot to see if it could work out.
>>
>>17283210
Who are you?
>>
>>17283196
It's not rng, but autism is a negative modifier.
>>
>>17283896
Well the way i see it is if you have a friend who you fall in love with but they don't and they just want to be friends its over. Because its usually very painful for the person who wants more but is only getting friendship. So yes i would go for it. Send her subtle signals. See how she reacts, see how you like her once you become maybe a bit more intimate topic wise. And then go from there. If she sniffs it out and asks you be honest. There is no point in lying to her.
Basically, you are not doing yourself a favour spending time with a person whom you want more of but who doesn't feel the same. So from that perspective you have nothing to loose as the friendship would be hurtful to you either way if it doesn't progress.
>>
>>17283196
>I know its getting weird but I don't have any power to stop it or control it.
Your problem, OP, is your insistence on control. It's creepy.

Dating could be chaotic, in the sense of chaos theory, because there are factors that are impossible for any one party to predict or control. But as with chaos theory, this is not because it is random. In this case, it is because there are two people involved, each with their own thoughts and feelings. Your refusal to acknowledge the other mind is what's pushing women away from you: it colors the things you say and do, and women can sense it.
>>
>>17283454
>I am intensely bothered by the fact that women get many more chances in this RNG based field.
They don't. You just aren't taking all your chances.
>>
>>17283402
>Well now I wish I could start over. That perfect girl I like doesn't even want to talk to me anymore. That wouldve came in handy long before I had the crazy idea of asking her out.
Boom. Bingo. Here it is. First you refuse to acknowledge her mind by calling her perfect: clearly you don't know her well enough, or care to, or you would realize that she is not. Nobody is. Then you refuse to acknowledge her feelings by deciding that you "should have" instead continued to infiltrate her life under false pretenses. You creeped her out, and rightly so. What you need, OP, is a major, MAJOR attitude adjustment
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.