[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patriotism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: NEPNITER.png (516 KB, 2100x1601) Image search: [Google]
NEPNITER.png
516 KB, 2100x1601
Burger here. I don't feel any deep love for my nation, although I admire its history and figures. It can be seen as a cool older brother, but I just can't relate to it, and I wouldn't dream of sparing my life for its success. Whenever I see other burgers on 4chan talking about the US, I have a hard time thinking that we are of the same nation. I think this is because I don't have any history in this country, on an ancestral scale from those I respect. Yes, I was born here. My mother, however, is Colombian, and I had spent some of my youth there. Even though objectively it is a shit hole, I could die for those people more than I could for the US. I can also feel patriotism for my distant Spanish past, and my recent French and Italian past. I can't see America as a brotherhood either because of the sheet hatred I have for the people's ignorance and attitudes. I don't get it. They're like clowns. I don't know what I'm asking. America has no culture I can call my own. Is what I'm feeling normal? Any comments or help?
I cant relate to this regarding my country, though I wish I could.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC2qipLRfbk&list=PLqrSIuBVwGdzuVnfJxZljChr6wrTd6I4d&index=43
>>
>>17283024
Once you have taken the red pill thee is no going back.
>>
Nationalism is stupid, be glad you never fell for that meme. It's fine to draw inspiration from American heroes but the people who feel a sense of superiority simply because of an accident of birth are beyond ridiculous, take pride in your own accomplishments.
That said do you not feel a desire to want to help improve America and help it to live up to its ideals?
>>
I don't know... I want to believe it's because of some conspiracy against good, but Europe is really the basis of brotherhood, the distinguishable identity. Makes it much more depressing that the lower bit of the pic in my post is going to take over my... brothers? I feel repulsive because I'm not even related to the bloodline of some of those nations, although I want to protect them.
>>
>>17283038
If only I could relate to the people, or feel that we were in it together!
>>
File: Max_Stirner-k.jpg (47 KB, 501x525) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner-k.jpg
47 KB, 501x525
>>17283024
Nationalism is a spook
>>
File: Patrolmidlength.jpg (2 MB, 2007x1074) Image search: [Google]
Patrolmidlength.jpg
2 MB, 2007x1074
>>17283024
>My mother, however, is Colombian, and I had spent some of my youth there. Even though objectively it is a shit hole, I could die for those people more than I could for the US.

Yep. How much of a lefty are you?
>>
>>17283038
This.
Seeing and valuing the ideas and morals your community is fine. But just standing by your country because you were born in it is retarded. Its like blindly supporting and fighting for your family even if you don't agree with anything they do or are. Imagine one of your siblings is a serial rapist, would you still stand by him?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.