[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true hospice care just morphines you to death? As a catholic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 535x577
Is it true hospice care just morphines you to death? As a catholic is going to hospice like assisted suicide? Should you die a painful death?
>>
Uh, hospices look after people who are terminally ill and have no chance of recovery. They're going to die anyway (inb4 we're all going to die)
>>
>>17282949

Yea but as a catholic killing yourself is still a sin even when terminally ill. I was just wondering if entering hospice is like assisted suicide since hospice is known as a place of no return where you go to die.
>>
>>17282953
What difference does it make? You're going to die either way, in the hospice or out of it.
>>
>>17282953
It is not assisted suicide. It is the opposite its holding the line for as long as possible.
>>
>>17282956
>>17282957

I just meant they tend to OD you on morphine and you drop quick and painlessly. Knowing this, is entering hospice the catholic thing to do

Some people refuse palliative care and hospice. How the fuck do they do it? Are they not afraid of pain?
>>
>>17282940
>Is it true hospice care just morphines you to death?
Unfortunately, no. You go to hospice when there's little chance of recovery, and instead of letting you die, they draw it out as long as possible. There are so many people in hospice that should be dead, and want to be dead, but they aren't because they're taken care of. Having worked in one, I'd rather kill myself before I ever hit that point of old age. It's not living.
>>
>>17282975
>I just meant they tend to OD you on morphine and you drop quick and painlessly. Knowing this, is entering hospice the catholic thing to do
That actually doesn't happen very often.
>>
>>17282976

This is the opposite of what I keep hearing. Fuck so the best thing to do is die a death at home?
>>
>>17282975
>I just meant they tend to OD you on morphine and you drop quick and painlessly.

No that is wrong. And even if it were true it would be death by murder in gods eyes.
>>
>>17282989
>Fuck so the best thing to do is die a death at home?
If you can have at-home care, yes. It's especially crucial for someone with dementia. When you're dying and stuck around people you don't know, in a place you're unfamiliar with, it's not a pleasant experience.
>>
>>17282975
if you're so concerned about whether it's the catholic thing to do, why are you asking 4chan and not your parish priest?
>>
>>17283047

4chan is like family to me

Everyone here is pretty similar
>>
is it called a hospice because hotpiss and piss is hot?

makes sense
>>
>>17282940
Got a grandmother who's terminal. She's not in hospice but honestly it's not any better at home. She's given such high doses that it has cost her her sight.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.