[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I'm more into my boyfriend than he's into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (686 KB, 711x1000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
686 KB, 711x1000
I feel like I'm more into my boyfriend than he's into me.

He regularly points out other guys and says they're cute, and looks to me for agreement but I just don't look at other guys like that I only have eyes for him. He knows I don't like this and he says sorry every time yet he keeps doing it. He doesn't like intimate kissing, he says he's just not that into it even when he had gf's but I really like it and he knows this yet never kisses me properly.

He says he loves me and wants to live with me, but he wants me to get a job closer to him before he'll commit to moving in. Which is fair, I don't expect to be financially dependant on him but he has more than enough money to do it tomorrow and yet he doesn't. Which is fine, it's his money he can do what he wants with it but if our places were switched I'd have him live with me tonight.

I dunno, there's a lot of little things like this that make me feel like he's less into me than he's saying he is. I still like him and I don't wanna lose him but I feel sad when I think about those little things.
>>
>>17282935
Sometimes we guys have a hard time letting go of our independence and sharing our life. Give him a kick in the butt to show him he needs to make some commitments to you.

Mostly all the detail you are saying just seem like nitpicking, but you never talk to him about it so how would he know? This seems like a classic silent devotion, but does not speak up about problems till they make you explode.
>>
>>17282951
Actually we have spoken about all the topics I discussed apart from me thinking he's not as into me as he says.

I explained I don't check out other guys and I therefore don't wanna have discussion with him about cute guys he sees on the street or in movies. He didn't believe I was telling the truth, I asked if he'd ever done this with his gf's and he said "of course not" yet he does it with me despite me reacting the same way his gf's probably would. At first I shrugged it off, but he does this at least once a week and often more. He KNOWS I don't like it yet he keeps doing it.
>>
>>17282967
Because from his perspective its hard to believe you are not attracted to other men. I would not dwell on it so much. For him its like someone is trying to say they hate eating any food but plain white bread. He is like uuuuuuh i am just plain white bread....
>>
>>17283004
I don't suspect he'll cheat or anything, but it hurts me to see him check out other guys let alone him saying it out loud to me.

He knows it hurts me so why does he keep doing it?
>>
>>17283017
Because he's being a dick. Seriously.

Unless you're misrepresenting yourself, he's being a dick. To be clear, you should have said something like "DUDE. Stop. Seriously. I don't like it when you point out other guys to me. It hurts my feelings." Not something like, "It's so weird when you do that, why do you do it, I know you'd never have done that with your previous girlfriends ..." and expecting him to infer exactly what you mean despite the vagueness.

If you tell your partner to stop something because it hurts you, and it's a reasonable request (which this is) they're supposed to stop. End of story. Doing otherwise is being a dick.
>>
>>17283091
This chick is just fishing for white knights.

>>17283004 Already gave some good advice.

And she is still gripping abut herself and claiming she is most devote.
>>
>>17283103
You could be right. Generally I prefer to take people at face value on this board, unless they make it incredibly obvious that they're posting in bad faith. Costs me very little to do so.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.