[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like a total failure. I guess I'm better off than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I feel like a total failure. I guess I'm better off than some people, but I feel like I've missed out on a lot of opportunities in my life and have no direction. The few things I've done I think I've bombed or squandered.

I have a bachelors, but not in anything really marketable, I don't have a driver's license, and currently have 0 ideas for what I want to do or what I should be doing.

Anyone else in the same boat, or been in the same situation at some point? I keep getting depressed and I just feel like a huge fucking failure of a person.
>>
>>17282437
How old are you? You are not alone if you feel like you've lost your direction in life or just don't know what to do. Think about what made you go after that Bachelors'--what was the plan then? Do you remember other things that still might interest you? Can you get certified in something that you might find more fulfilling? As for your driver's license--go for obtaining that! Learning to drive is a great skill and it can help you feel more in control and able to accomplish something. Seriously, try to reconnect with your interests and let them guide you towards those opportunities! I hope that this is helpful! GL!
>>
>>17282437
Hahaha you reposted your thread from earlier?

In that time you could've went out and applied for a job or started an account on OKC.

You're a lost cause, a m i g o.
>>
>>17282875
This is the first time I've posted this.
>>
Try programming. Just dedicate yourself to a language like Java or HTML and keep going with it.

Our world needs more programmers than we have and you can't really go wrong if you get good at it. You don't need a computer science degree, but it might help.

Don't use C++ to start. Start with basic stuff in Java, HTML or maybe C# and if you really care about getting a job and money then keep going with it.

Trust me, you can do so much once you learn programming and you can definitely find work. Don't expect to instantly make good programs. It takes time.
>>
>>17282437
I have been in THE EXACT same position, in fact you could say I still am.

I'm 25, I have a BA in Philosophy (fucking useless)

I got a job as a web developer for 1.5 years, which was good in the sense that I was getting paid and was living independently. I ragequit which was possibly a stupid thing to do. Now I've been NEET for quite a long time.

To be honest I have no fucking idea what to do next mate. Might just end it all to be honest.

>>17282875
Insecure cuck trying to justify his own existence detected

>>17282936
>Our world needs more programmers
Please fuck off with your "the world needs, oh you're doing such a good thing, what a good person you are xD" bollocks

I don't give a fuck what the world needs, and why the fuck would you care?

The only reason to do something is if it benefits you and anything else is hypocrisy
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.