[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please help me out over here? The fact that I will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: alexjonesshades.jpg (5 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
alexjonesshades.jpg
5 KB, 250x227
Can someone please help me out over here?
The fact that I will sometime watch or even wintess the death of a family member, I don't even want to talk about it, makes me depressed and is fucking making me really sad
The fact taht I will sometime cease having conciousness is fucked up and also depressing
what the fuck, how can I stop thinking about this?
will it stop storming my brain every now and then? is it just summer hot or?
fuck
>>
I honestly don't know how atheists deal with death. I'm a Christian with very very strong doubts and these thoughts trouble me A LOT. Even if there's an afterlife I'm also often thinking about what if a close relative dies.
How can everyone else be so relaxed about everything when we don't know why we exist and what happens when we die?
I wish I had advice for you, sorry!
>>
>>17282268
go watch some beheading videos and desensitize yourself to death
>>
>>17282274
Nothing happens when you die. Whatever happens to your body and any energy or 'soul' within it, it does not include your human consciousness. You cannot experience death or what happens after it because there will be no more you to experience it.
>>
IMO, the best way to cope with what you're feeling (which is called existential anxiety, BTW) is to keep busy. Not even kidding. Spend time with friends. If you don't have a hobby, get one. If you can travel, do.

This serves two purposes: 1) It distracts you. Distraction is certainly not the best way to cope with all anxiety, but in this case, where there is literally nothing you can possibly do to avoid dying or losing family members, it just keeps you from dwelling on it uselessly. 2) it fills up your life with positive experiences. Enjoy the time you have, because, as you already know, it is finite and therefore precious. Don't waste it.
>>
>>17282277
Not OP here. Doubles confirm and to be honest this will probably work. I've had many animal violence videos shoved into my eyes and now I'm desensitized completely about animal violence.

>>17282285
That still worries me. If nothing happens then what's the point of ANYTHING? Then maybe there IS something. Maybe there's a final punishment. I don't know what's worse.
>>
Teenagers first existential crisis
>>
>>17282296
>trying to solve anxiety
>time is finite and therefore precious. Don't waste it
>>
>>17282274
Agnostic here.
I don't believe in any kind of afterlife, I'm on the same page as >>17282285. But I deal with death by enjoying the time I have here on Earth. But I'm lucky; I have a high tolerance for uncertainty. That's a trait that usually discussed when doing a personality test for gaging your compatibility with a romantic partner or for a certain line of work, and basically it boils down to how well you can keep it together when you don't know what the outcome of any given situation is going to be. Anyway, I don't know if there's a way to build that up, but that's how this particular non-religious person deals. I enjoy my life and que sera sera.
>>
>>17282296
Will i have this existential anxiety forever or??
also thanks for reminding me this shit in the end of what you said
ok

>>17282306
I hope
>>
>>17282311
I doubt it. These crises tend not to last forever. But search for "how to cope with existential anxiety." At the very least you'll find stuff written by other people who have gone through the same thing. This is a deeply personal experience, and everyone's going to deal with it differently, but hopefully you'll find something that resonates with you.
>>
>>17282306
Yup
>>
what you're experiencing is very normal, almost everybody is afraid to die and every now and then will have thoughts about what happens when they die

you don't have to panic, you'll be fine
>>
>>17282268

most likely you wont get to see someone die or even be aware that you are dying, now adays people end up in hospital for weeks and you just get more and more tired until you're sleeping for longer and longer until you're in a coma for a few days until you gradually stop breathing, its really boring and you wont be aware of it happening to you and even if you happen to be there when its happening to a loved one the experience will probably just be boring as you wait for them to technically be dead after being unresponsive for several days

maybe thats even more depressing but thats the boring reality, its not some dramatic horror story
>>
>>17282370
I think you're missing the point.
OP is worried not about the unpleasantness of dying, but about what happens to us after that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.