[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns and Camping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: JUST1.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST1.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
Live in Liberal CA.

If a person wanted to go camping in a pretty rural desolate area and wanted to carry a weapon (pistol) without a permit for personal protection in light of a wild animal attack or human attack, do you think the authorities, if in the area, would really mind, be understanding? Would it even be worth risking potenetial future legal repercussions?
>>
>>17281971
>being understanding
The law doesn't work like that. Why can't you get a permit?
>>
>>17281971

not worth it. etiher go without one, or postpone the trip til you can get one. certainly start doing the proper legal work to get yours by next year.

i feel your pain, la here im the only one i know who owns a gun. but its just camping, you can bring knives.
>>
>>17281991
That is true, obtaining a permit, at least to my knowledge, is very difficult to get. The great state of California does not grant concealed weapon permits for one camping trip, in their eyes it would be unjustified.
>>
>>17282002

well the idea is you'd get a general permit and then you at least have it. but yeah california is the only state where you are not guaranteed your right to a gun.
>>
>>17282002
So it's hard, why can't you get one?

No the authorities will not understand why you think the law doesn't apply to you.
>>
>>17281995
Yup, knives vs black bears/mountain lions. Fml. Thats the direct LA is going.
>>
California law considers a registered camp site as your residence in regards to fire arms. If you are just out innawoods, you are probably not covered. Also check your local laws.
>>
>>17282030

>implying you'll reach your gun in time to fight one
>implying you wont just go to your fucking car like everyone else
>implying a gun will even help against a bear

i doubt you have the aim to get that perfect headshot. those things can survive quite a few bullets too, i would know my grandpa had a pet bear and people shot at it when he'd chain it outside of work. they are fat fucking creatures.

unless you are packing some serious fire power it wont matter.

you'd have better luck with a knife cuz you can legally carry it, and if it actually fucking gets at you then its throat is right there.

but sure, im the dumb one.
>>
>>17282030
Did you come here for advice or just to complain?

This post us triggering my noguns detector.
>>
>>17282044
You do sound pretty dumb, pretending you know how to fend off wild animals.
>>
>>17282044
Lol, you smart, you loyal.
>>
>>17282046
Nope actual advice.
>>
>>17282145
Get a rifle? I don't know the laws
>>
Yeah man, police officers totally get why the law doesn't apply to you. They'll understand.
>>
>>17282082
Well in the greater LA are they are smaller black bears and smaller moutain lions, they are not 600 lb grizzlies and ancient saber tooth tigers.
>>
>>17281971
Totally legal to carry a loaded handgun while camping in CA. Look it up; it was probably covered on your HSC test.
>>
>>17282754
Whoops I misspoke. You can have a loaded handgun at your campsite, because it's your temporary residence, but the minute you pack up and go hiking or something it has to be stored in a locked container.

Personally I would just concealed carry it illegally, but I'm dumb like that. When have you ever been stopped and searched by the police while hiking?
>>
>>17281971
>>17282002

Why do you need a concealed firearm for a hunting trip? It's a hunting trip, it's not like people aren't going to expect people carrying guns. You aren't going to get the jump on a bear by carrying a hidden weapon rather than a visible one.

Also, why is replying fucked on this board? I can't see who has replied to who, and I can't reply just by clicking on the post number.
>>
>>17283326
You have to turn off adblock for /adv/ to work right. It's just one of those things.
>>
>>17283326
Op didn't say anything about concealed.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.