[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to tell you all about how I fixed my acne problem. I see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
I want to tell you all about how I fixed my acne problem. I see a lot of threads and angst about acne and I don't want others to suffer through it because they don't know what to do.

I read a book called "The Dietary Cure for Acne". It suggested changing one's diet to a paleo diet and taking a few supplements. I liked that it avoided prescription medicine which has side effects. I have hear and read bad things about accutane and tetracycline. Fixing diet first is better because it is a more natural way to do it.

The book suggests that acne is caused by, in part, excess insulin. Since excess insulin is associated with major diseases suggest as heart disease, diabetes, cancer and obesity, learning how to lower insulin levels could reduce one's chances of suffering from these major diseases in the future. Taking prescription medicines for acne will address the symptoms, but not the root causes.

I'll answer any questions for the next hour or so.
>>
>>17281934
>Thread-to-thread salesman
>The future is here
>>
File: B&A.png (2 MB, 3200x900) Image search: [Google]
B&A.png
2 MB, 3200x900
i also want to share my cure for acne:

currently finished accutane, and its great. still get little bumps here and there but i only took it for two months cuz it shot up my triglycerides. i intend to finish my treatment but after month two ive already been cured. pic related is, however the after pic is not from after acne. its from after the following. i decided to take accutane cuz even with the following treatments it was hell. mostly cuz you had to pay attention your face all fucking day. but i digress. here is how you get acne free without accutane (Which i stlil recommend a bove all else)
>>
>>17282183
Acne isnt as simple as parents made it out to be. if its only in one location its usually caused by a specific problem (for example (thisi s wrong but for example) acne on the nose would be a dairy issue). I had acne on my chin only, and thats a hormonal issue. however i cannot fix that as a dude (whereas women could just take birth control etc).

there are two approaches that worked well for me. the first is how i went from pic related to second pic related.

>tretinoin in the morning
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer after / as needed
>erythromicin at night

tretinoin is prescription but you can order online as well. you rub it on to your skin and it peels it fast, causing your acne to fall right off. thats.

salicylic acne wash is basic acne wash you can get at most any store. i get mine at rite aid.

moisturizer stops your face from drying itself out, which prevents your skin from getting damaged and/or over producing oils which makes more acne.

erythromicin topical gel is an antio biotic used to treat acne, however instead of applying it your stomach, you apply it to your face before bed. it attacks the bacteria right on your face, killing acne before it starts.

I used all 4 together and it wokred pretty well, but it was annoying. way too much of my day was dedicated to treating my acne, not eating foods, trying to find ways to scratch an itch without touching myface. if i was making out with a girl and she happened to rub her fingers across my face, you can bet your savings that id have acne on the part of my chin she touched.

i got so frustrated i went ahead and started taking accutane. i was nervous but within the first month i had no acne. i had to quit one week into the third month (of 5 months) but my acne still hasnt returned and for that im grateful. i can sleep face down, scratch my chin, eat whatever i want. its awesome.
>>
>>17281934
I cured my acne by getting older
>>
File: GbCFIKY[1].gif (2 MB, 576x323) Image search: [Google]
GbCFIKY[1].gif
2 MB, 576x323
Ignore OP's stupid affiliate marking blog post. Fuck you you shill.

Reminder that all you have to do to clear acne is avoid washing your face more than once a week, avoid eating any food or drink with added sugar of fruit juice concentrate, and rub raw organic shea butter in your face before bed adding some healing essential oils, such as frankincense, sandalwood, jasmine, camomile, etc (many EOs help with skin rejuvenation.
>>
File: 51SnUgo6+OL._SY355_[1].jpg (21 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51SnUgo6+OL._SY355_[1].jpg
21 KB, 355x355
>>17282251
Forgot to add that if you want to clean your face more often you should use something like this, that women use to remove makeup. Unlike OP I'm no shill so I say any brand is ok as long as its not full of toxic chemicals and preservatives. And when you do wash your face use only natural soap or face wash.
>>
>>17281934

Paleo diet is retarded. Acne caused by excess insulin also sounds pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>17282264
Bro you already messed up. There is no such thing as detoxifying. Your kidneys do that. Nothing else does. This is a marketing scam to lure people in. Second, toxic chemicals? Like what? Sulfates? Proven not toxic. Parabans? Proven not toxic toxic chemicals is one of the stupid things science deniers say to scare people. What makes something toxic is the dose. FYI apples have cyanide in them. That's something that can kill you. But you'll need a lot of apples for that to happen.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.