[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a new 2016 Honda CR-V, and I don't like it. I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-Honda-CR-V-SE-0.jpg (52 KB, 750x406) Image search: [Google]
2016-Honda-CR-V-SE-0.jpg
52 KB, 750x406
I bought a new 2016 Honda CR-V, and I don't like it. I think it's extremely boring to drive, and as a result, I don't drive it. I also really don't like the transmisssion(CVT). This was a hasty decision as our family car drove down, and we needed a new one quickly. I wish I had gotten a Toyota RAV4 or Mazda CX-5 instead, as those cars would have at least been less boring. What can I do? I've already accepted that I've lost a lot of money.
>>
>>17281873
Not much that you can do besides trade it in for credit on next car purchase or sell it outright and use the money towards a car that you would enjoy driving... GL!
>>
File: ctc.jpg (107 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
ctc.jpg
107 KB, 800x550
>>17281873
>wants an interesting car
>buys a crossover

Sell your C-RV and use the money to buy a used 2012-2016 Chrysler Town & Country. It has nearly twice the horsepower and two more cylinders. It's a blast to drive and its reminiscent to the Turbo minivans they made 25 years ago.
>>
>>17282140
Are you saying that a minivan is actually fun to drive?
>>
I like my 2016 CR-V, what's the difference between a car that's "boring" to drive and one that's "fun" to drive?
>>
> Bought a new car
Have fun staying middle class forever.
>>
>>17283111
What's so bad about middle class? Honest question from someone who grew up dirt poor with four siblings and now makes more than both my parents combined ($50K).
>>
I know what to do but it depends. Are you still making car payments or not?
>>
>>17283188
I bought the car on June 10th, and my first payment is end of July. So I haven't even made one payment yet.
>>
>>17283193

I mean did you actually test drive it or what? I'm also curious as to why you think a CX-5 or RAV4 are going to be any better - "fun" is not the first thing that comes to mind when buying the mini-van replacement. The CX-5 might be more dynamic because that's what Mazda is known for, but I don't know about the RAV4... and that's speaking as a Toyota fan.
>>
Honestly if you really hate it that much that it's going to bother you for the lifetime of the financing... you should just trade it in or something. Sometimes manufacturers/dealers will have a "Conquest" bonus for buyers that are trading in a competing branded car (e.g. Toyota might give you a bonus $1000 for trading in a CR-V to buy a RAV4), so keep an eye out for those.

Number rule of financing a new car is to test drive the fuck out of everything you're considering. At the end of the day, it's not about the numbers or the features or whatever else - you're going to be making payments on it for 3-5 years and it's also going to be a money sink since it's a depreciating asset so it better be a car you love.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.