[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 20-something stuck between a wealthy father who is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: been here too long.jpg (14 KB, 333x279) Image search: [Google]
been here too long.jpg
14 KB, 333x279
I'm a 20-something stuck between a wealthy father who is going to kick me out, and a shitty waiting job I'm about to loose.

I've been saving my money, living small; but I honestly have no idea where I'm going to go or what I'm going to do

I have aspergers and I find many things very difficult like driving or shopping, and I never did very well in school for reasons unrelated to my academic ability.

my family is honestly very unkind to me, and have never been much support; yet I struggle to maintain my independence.

I need to get a real job, but university isn't a real option for me
career testing I undertook came back with anomalous and unhelpful results

something has to give sooner or later
>>
>>17281788
You need to suck it up and do things you're uncomfortable with, because you can either do them now or later, when you're homeless.
>>
>>17281798
it's a practical issue, not one of willpower

I am prepared to do what I have to, but I'm not sure what that is

it's not about what's uncomfortable, I live in a perpetual echo chamber; I'm not really sure how to explain it to someone else but if I'm under to much strain I simply can't cope, trying harder doesn't make me more functional

I jump at noises and flashes, I get overwhelmed if too many things or people are moving, I struggle to do things sequentially

my father shows me little respect in the household, he constantly pushes me to spend my money having fun; yet doesn't understand I don't have fun like other people do and tht while he threatens to kick me out I need that money for personal security.
he is an alcoholic and is often away, he eats out every meal then blows it at me for making dishes; he leaves the house unlocked or the door wide open when I'm asleep, I can't keep living with him.
>>
>>17281788

there are middle grounds. its not just 'minimum wage vs university'.

while im sure you struggled you could attempt to go to community college. all you need is a shitty generic business type degree to land an office job.

i went to a fucking film school to get my associates degree and now i manage a business. the point is that you just need something on paper saying 'I LEARNED' to do generic work that is above burger flipping.

also consider trade school. also consider driving for lyft or uber. my friend has legit autism and he does that, makes a little extra money whenever he gets something published in the san diego times.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.