[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideas for dates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Well /adv/, I probably fucked up. I have been out on something like 15 dates with a girl and I have not like held her hand or anything. I want to but can't. Anyway, I have run out of ideas for dates. I am super limited in transportation. So basically, all 15 times we went out, we had dinner and saw a movie. Dinner at the same restaurant.

I told my guy friends this abd they called me retarded abd borderline maniac for taking a girl to the same restaurant abd same theater 15 times. What the Fick is happening?
>>
Jesus Christ, the fucking typos. Fuck typing on phones.
>>
>>17281525
That is borderline crazy. And she's just been...going along with it? No complaints or snide comments? Is she fucking crazy, too?
>>
Honest question: does she know these were "dates"?
>>
Ahaha this is so stereotypically white girl shit.
What are your hobbies? I think walks are really cool. To be totally honest, if you guys can keep a conversation going you could do anything. Invite her over your house, play board games or make dinner together. I'm trying to be as generic as possible here.
>>
>>17281549
>>17281554

I used the word date in most occasions we have gone out. I did use "go out" a few times though. But used the word date at least 10 times. I am not sure if I am friend zoned. Honestly, I have no idea what I am doing. This is the first girl I have ever dated and I am 25.
>>
>>17281563
Do people do stuff like that? In my mind, dinners and movies seem like the only kind of date. Not sure why I feel that way.
>>
>>17281610
Of course people do stuff like that. You just do stuff together. What kind of stuff depends on yours and hers personalities and interests.
>>
>>17281589

Was this in the last four months? Are you two autistic or something?

I don't even know what to recommend because going on 15 dates with someone and not yet being in a relationship with them seems nuts.

I'd invite her to your place, cook dinner and have wine. Quite a bit of wine. Then fuck or talk about what is going on if she's not into that.
>>
>>17281787
I fear discussing with her what we are. I fear being friend zoned. I did notice that she never texts me first. Like at all.

What a shitty situation. I don't understand the concept of "making moves". Seems like a violation of her personal space.
>>
>>17281525
>15 dates with a girl
Are you a meal ticket?
>>
>>17281831
No, we split the date typically.
>>
>>17281825

A lot of women are coy and might not text first. It's not necessarily a bad sign, but it's definitely not a good sign. If she has been on this many dates she must like you to some extent.

I think the answer is to drink. It's not adult or particularly responsible, but just have a few damn beers and then kiss her after you've cuddled up a bit on the couch.

I'm not saying to get her particularly drunk or to violate her or anything. But just get it over and done with. To me it actually sounds like a good thing at the moment. You're clearly awkward as hell and she's going along with it and is also likely awkward.

Wine and netflix. That is the answer.
>>
It's entirely possible that she's confused about why you're not making any visible effort to pursue a relationship. From her perspective, are you just acting like a buddy? She can't friend-zone you if you're already doing it yourself.
>>
>>17281867
I can't make moves because I need like explicit permission. Like I feel compelled to ask things like "can I hold your hand?" I never ask though because a friend told me that asking permission makes you sound like a bitch.
>>
>>17281890
It's perfectly fine to ask. There may be a tiny element of truth to what your friend says, but whatever. If you want things to progress, you need to show some initiative - any kind of initiative.
>>
File: tm.jpg (98 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tm.jpg
98 KB, 500x500
You know what you need to do, you just don't want to do it: TALK TO HER.

Don't be afraid! The worst that can happen is that you'll have an embarrassing, awkward moment that is quite survivable. Now compare that to the *best* that can happen.
>>
>>17282158
I sent her a text message asking if she thinks we are dating or not. Pretty sure I am ficked.
>>
>>17282247
Texting is not talking.
>>
>>17282320
Talking over the phone is AIDS. Nobody does it anymore when dating. Texting is more.... Flexible.
>>
>>17282509
No, texting is more "safe". It allows you to convey words without leaving your bubble. Communication is more than just messages; it's personal interaction.
>>
>>17282509
Wrong - men who call and can grunt out more than a few words shows a great amount of interest. Moreso than just throwing dinner/movies and money at a normal woman.

>>17282247
Tell us how it works out, I'm curious. And for future reference - you can go on a date almost anywhere. A walk around the city now is beautiful, that's what my guy is doing with me tomorrow. Affordable, a nice setting, and we can spend the day talking with each other and goofing off :) That's what's important to most women - the interaction.

And don't be shy about making the first move! A lot of women are afraid of making the first move, so you should take the initiative. Don't be afraid, I highly doubt this woman would have gone out with you *fifteen* times if she wasn't interested haha. Maybe she's afraid of the same thing you are
>>
>>17281525
Lol 15 times to the same boring places, either this girl is retarded as well or she likes you enough to stick it through your boring repetitiveness. Does she really have nothing better to do? Variety is the spice of life for non-autists. She's probably thinking your safe and boring. She could be waiting for you to make a move but usually girls don't wait past 3 dates until they walk. I can't believe a girl like this exists lol. Has she dated much before you? Some Chad is gonna swoop her up and show her how real dating goes.
>>
File: Nancy.jpg (204 KB, 900x306) Image search: [Google]
Nancy.jpg
204 KB, 900x306
Bad, bad, move- texting is cowardly.

You're going to have to learn how to talk to girls if you're going to get anywhere.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.