[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to become more of a man, should I get into boxing? Has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: boxing.jpg (132 KB, 1000x561) Image search: [Google]
boxing.jpg
132 KB, 1000x561
I want to become more of a man, should I get into boxing?

Has anyone here ever boxed? I assume you just find a boxing gym and turn up for an introductory session right?
>>
>>17281503
Women box too, fag.
>>
File: aZWMbqv.png (649 KB, 630x523) Image search: [Google]
aZWMbqv.png
649 KB, 630x523
i would suggest learning the absolute basics before going to a boxing gym and trying to get yourself in. there are many tutorials on youtube that can really help you out

though, if you want to become more of man, and you dont really love boxing, i think it would be much better for you to give yourself an exercise and healthy living regimen. there are DEFINITELY many videos on how to start that on youtube. you dont necessarily have to box to be healthy and know how to fight. if i had to give you the advice on how to start it, i would tell you to start with cutting out very obviously unhealthy foods, and bodyweight exercises, such as pushups, squats, beginner stuff, etc. and work your way from there

would i go to /fit/ for that? i dont know
>>
>>17281577
But boxing is still very manly isn't it.

>>17281618
Are you saying this from your own boxing experience?
>bodyweight exercises, such as pushups, squats, beginner stuff, etc. and work your way from there
Obviously.

I'm wondering more about boxing itself though, what it's like starting out.
>>
>>17281503
I started boxing at my university back in September, and it's been great.
Would definitely recommend it, OP.
Learning some basics before going in isn't a bad idea, but most coaches will be happy to help you even if you don't know anything.

Happy to answer any other questions you have, OP.
>>
>>17281577
Your Tumblr is showing.
>>
>>17281703
Awesome thanks anon

I assume you just turned up to an introductory session then? And I assume since it's uni, there were lots of others in the same boat

Did you just start by being taught the fundamentals? How to make a fist, how to throw a punch, how to put your arms up etc? How long was it before you were sparring?
>>
>>17281503
Boxing is great. i used to box and hit people, then i started hitting the bottle

I highly recommend it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.