[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I "get over" being cheated on? It's what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1464597905246.jpg (974 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464597905246.jpg
974 KB, 1920x1200
How do I "get over" being cheated on?

It's what everyone keeps telling me to do, but I'm not sure how to do it.
>>
>>17281344
Realize that people are assholes. Read some Marcus Aurelius. Stop giving so many fucks.
>>
>>17281346
Realize that not all people are assholes, but you happened to have dated one.

Realize that the person who cheated on you was scum and better off out of your life. It may suck to miss them, but just remember that the person you're missing is not the person that they are.

The biggest and maybe toughest part is to not let this influence your trust in others. Everyone is different, don't paint them all with the brush of a shitty person.

Really sorry to hear, I've been lied to before over and over and it's devastating. But you can't let it stop you, the moment you do you'll stop being happy.
>>
>>17281344

Damn that's a beautiful pic OP. Reminds me of smoking up with friends and just laying back. Good times.
>>
you don't. its an unforgivable act.
>>
>>17281360

>The biggest and maybe toughest part is to not let this influence your trust in others. Everyone is different, don't paint them all with the brush of a shitty person.

Not the best advice. The fact op has been cheated on means he/she is probably too naive and needs to learn how to judge truth from lies. Going into a new relationship with the same viewpoint has the last is just asking to be cheated on again
>>
Time heals all wounds
>>
>>17281346

>read MA

Best advice I've seen on /adv/.

Some Seneca too.

>fucking off and taking my own advice

See you in six months, which is usually how long it takes for it to wear off.
>>
>>17281344
>How do I "get over" being cheated on?
Did you leave, or did you stay? This affects the answer.
>>
>>17281444
This. Unless you want to become cynical and with trust issues.
>>
>>17281467

Obviously he left. If he hadn't he'd be a cuck in which case he doesn't want to get over it
>>
>>17281444
>>17281477
Wouldn't always being skeptical and protective of yoursekf being involved with a liar make you cynical with trust issues?

This isn't a catch 22. Improving your judgement doesn't mean being afraid of being cheated on with someone new, and if you are, you're letting your past experience with a completely different and independent individual drive your emotions with someone completely unrelated. That's foolishness.
>>
>>17281480
>Obviously he left. If he hadn't he'd be a cuck in which case he doesn't want to get over it

Not necessarily. A cuck, by definition, likes being cheated on, or at least gets off on the degradation aspect. Between the extremes of leaving and cuckdom is a third path -forgiveness- and while you're right that a cuck wouldn't want to get over it, a forgiver would.
>>
File: 51tuafdmc8l.jpg (48 KB, 324x500) Image search: [Google]
51tuafdmc8l.jpg
48 KB, 324x500
>>17281346
>>17281458
Listen to these gentlemen.

>ex-gf broke up with me
>feel guilty because she says its all my fault but at the same time she was being shady as fuck
>grieve
>started reading Meditations
>fastforward a couple of weeks
>attempt to talk to her about what happened
>"anon i'm already seeing someone else"
>the fuck is happening
>remember Marcus Aurelius notes about not giving a fuck and not letting emotions control you
>k, bye, have a nice life
>started to work on myself and keep my life on track
>>
Make yourself number one in your life. Any girls you involve yourself with are only there to complement what you already have.

The moment one of them flips the script and tries to change your story -- move on and don't look back.
>>
>>17281344
well if you are a guy then be very worry because women are now showing their true colors and paternity fraud is on the rise. cheating for them is no longer a financial risk they can get jobs now. also they don't care about loyalty and honor like men do. they only care about being on the winning side so if a better guys comes along they will cheat or leave you. if you are a girl then just keep his stomach full and his balls empathy guys are really easy to please and they wont cheat on you if you can do that simple job.
>>
>>17281344

The best way to get over someone is to get under someone. Go out and have some fun.

I know it is painful and you feel betrayed, but don't let some shitty person ruin your future chances for happiness.

Sounds cliche, I know.

I wish you only the very best, OP
>>
>>17281802
>solution to feeling bad about being involved with a degenerate is to be degenerate

lol shit advice
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.