[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car mileage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Posted this in the short rant thread but I was more or less expecting a reply.

My car was made in 2006. It's 2016 now. This makes my car a decade old. But I've had it for only seven months, and when I got it, it had like extremely low mileage. Like less than 50k miles on it. When I got my car first maintenanced, they said my car was young, referring to the mileage I think.

How can a car be a decade old but not have a shitton of miles on it?

Sorry for flipped picture but that's my decal. My name is Sam and I'm very serious. I also love the Serious Sam games.
>>
>>17281186
Driven by an old lady to go to the grocery store once a month, or parked under a tree it's entire life.

More likely the former as they would've pointed out rust and damage that would be indicative of the car having sat for long periods of time.

Why are you so concerned if it checks out mechanically?
>>
>>17281194
Thank you for the reply. Not concerned at all, I just thought it was kinda interesting. I take good care of it. I just always knew my car as the '06 ford taurus but it never occurred to me how old actually my car was
>>
grandad got 15yrs ago a used car (~50 000)
was being used maybe twice a week to drive to the nearest store thats 3 miles away (~5km)
Inherited it as he passed away two years ago as a summer car. Had 74 000 on its mileage then, now its up to 80 000.
>>
>>17281204
Age doesn't matter much when it comes to cars, it's how they're cared for.

My girlfriend drives a 96, and that's pretty normal around here. Some people still regularly drive 80s.

Most of the running components of a vehicle are metal, so not much can really go wrong without exposure to contaminants and that. Things you've got to worry about with older vehicles are things like seals, hoses, tires, and fluids. Those tend to get brittle with age. So long as those all check out though, there's no reason why the car shouldn't hum along without a problem if it has low mileage, and has been maintained.
>>
>>17281212
I know what you're talking about on the last part. I keep having problems with my rubber hose that deals windshield wiper fluid.

Thank you for all your input anons, for someone who doesn't know a lot about cars, yet I rely on one every day
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.