[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this guy has been stalking a girl I know for a while. Their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 20160622_110658-800.jpg (154 KB, 451x800) Image search: [Google]
20160622_110658-800.jpg
154 KB, 451x800
So this guy has been stalking a girl I know for a while. Their relationship ended years ago but he came back out of nowhere, being creepy and abusive. Then he started contacting her friends, including my girlfriend.

They literally only ever interacted for about three minutes, years ago, but he's contacting her multiple times a day, making new accounts every time he gets blocked, making phone calls. He's made YouTube videos about what it would be like to fuck her. He literally has a blog about it.

And now it's got to the point where he's making comments about physically attacking or raping them. When his ex last visited her hometown he tried to break into her house and the police did nothing about it.

Now, personally I have a history of getting involved with violent situations that ended up in some places and it's taken years to (mostly) put that behind me and have a calmer life. Everyone around me is telling me to let it go, and I've tried to sympathise because the guy has some clear mental issues, but my actual life experience is that people like that don't stop except by force.

I can't get over the idea that me"discussing" the issue with this cunt for two minutes would do more to solve it than months of complaints to the police and internet companies. But for the first time in my life I have to balance the feelings of people around me with my instincts. To me it's simple, to them it's just more stress. Am I just doing it to make myself feel better while causing more problems for my friends? Is there a better way to handle and get a good outcome?
>>
This is exactly what the police is for, and the fact that you didn't think of it on your own is a huge red flag
>>
There is a better way to handle this. Encourage your girlfriend and your friends to compile the evidence info this guy and hand it to the police. The police should help your friend file a restraining order if she wants one, when faced with the mountain of evidence. If he violates it, all she has to do is call 911 and his ass in in jail, free to get beaten up by people who, unlike you, have nothing to lose.
>>
This is waaaaaay beyond just some annoying beta orbiter pestering some girl and you butting in to tell him to back off. This guy clearly has mental issues and what he is doing is not borderline criminal, it is criminal. Criminal harassment/stalking in the very least. Tell her to contact the police and get a restraining order. And then the police should pick him up and get him into a psychiatric ward for an evaluation. This is how mass shooters begins.
>>
>>17280865
>>17280873
>>17280878
> the fact that you didn't think of it on your own is a huge red flag
It probably is. I've learned I'm shit at judging these things myself. desu, it's taken two years of meds and therapy to even get to the point where I ask about stuff like this instead of just doing it. There's an obvious consensus here but sometimes I just need to hear it.

We did go to the police about it previously but their attitude at the time was that it hadn't gone on long enough to be considered harrassment. You would think telling somebody "if I see you again I will rape you" and then trying to get into their house would be enough, but apparently not. On the other hand, there IS more evidence now as he's kept on doing it. I'll try to get out my psycho bubble and motivate them positively to deal with the police bureaucracy. He's been committed to a mental institution in the past, so that helps.

Thanks for your input and the chance to get a neutral point of view. It helps.
>>
>>17280860
>When his ex last visited her hometown he tried to break into her house and the police did nothing about it.
What reason did they give for that? Was this before or after the videos and rape threats started?
>>
>>17280944
What reason did they give for that? Was this before or after the videos and rape threats started?

I think their logic was that he was "only" trying the door handle to see if it was unlocked, not kicking it in or something. The first rape threats were prior to that. Her dad came home and he ran away. I suspect she wasn't as proactive about dealing with the police as she could have been though. Too stressed about the whole situation to be thinking it through clearly and it probably seemed like another layer of trouble to remind her of it.

The videos were after. And the songs. He wrote songs. Sometimes stuff like that seems pathetic enough to be funny, until he starts talking about "beating her head against a wall".
>>
>>17280978
Time to go back to the police. Reference the previous report, and come armed with a list of the videos and posts. They were stupid to ignore this before, but they'll have a much harder time ignoring it now.
>>
>>17281232
Talked to a lawyer friend about it and he said my gf has a good case of her own now regardless of what he's doing with anyone else so we've started looking into who to contact and take it further. I'm trying to channel the energy I feel about it into constructive stuff like collating the archives of what he's said. He really needs some treatment and he's never going to get it on his own, so this is literally better for everyone involved I think.
>>
>>17281297
Literally posting stuff about how he's strong enough to rape them both now because he's going to the gym while I was typing that so building a case shouldn't be rocket science.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.