[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a predicament. My grandfather that I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1386374452516.gif (94 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1386374452516.gif
94 KB, 500x275
So I have a predicament. My grandfather that I've never met, or even talked to, died today. My father left when I was four, the reason why I've never talked to them. My aunt asked me if I wanted to go to the funeral. Should I go to the funeral of a person I've never known and see my father for the first time? Should I not? What do?
I should also mention, my family on my father's side have all hidden him from me so he wouldn't have to pay child support for the longest time.
>>
Your dad's side of the family seem like dirtbags to be honest and nobody would blame you for not feeling a connection to them and not wanting to get involved with them.

With that said, it might be worth it to go just to have the chance to form a relationship with this side of your family. It's not a guarantee that it'll happen, but if it does then you have a whole other group of people to meet and to make a part of your life. And if that's something you want to do, then this might be the last chance you get at that. Worst case scenario, it's awkward as fuck and you never see any of them again and you wasted an afternoon.

tl;dr You have basically nothing to lose and the potential to gain something neat. I think you should go for it if you're not doing anything better.
>>
>>17280469
I do not think you have an obligation to that side of the family, ESPECIALLY if that have been sneaky over money. You are a human being with feelings for crying out loud. I think that is very shady.

Depending if you saying no would hurt your aunt's feelings, if you care about that, I would decline and continue your life the way it is going.

On the other hand, if you really want to meet your father, go and call him out on being a loser, and see how he reacts. Maybe he will feel guilty for what he has done to you.

Lots of stuff to think about - I wish you the best
>>
If it were me, I would go. I wouldn't expect anything from them and wouldn't offer anything except condolences. Your dad might try to pull some chummy shit but remember that he left you behind.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.