[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, I've got a serious problem. Throughout my entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: punpun.jpg (46 KB, 736x551) Image search: [Google]
punpun.jpg
46 KB, 736x551
/adv/, I've got a serious problem.

Throughout my entire life I've never been in love or even had anything more than a petty school crush on someone. I'm currently nineteen and studying at my local community college. I was recently introduced to the most incredible girl I've ever met and I think I've really fallen for her after a few dates. She is very into me as well, but here's where the problem comes in: she's leaving town for college in September.

Not to mention that although she is pretty much perfect for me in every way, she seems to be really interested in sex (not a problem by me) and I'm not sure if she even considers us to be in a relationship. I know for a fact that she is interested in me past basic attraction, but she doesn't seem like the dating type.

I'm afraid that not only is she going to leave before we become serious, she's going to forget all about me and move on instantaneously. Just knowing this will tear me to pieces, and considering the state of my life at the moment, I could do without another depression streak.

What should I do? I don't want to give her up.
>>
>>17280424
>I'm afraid that not only is she going to leave before we become serious, she's going to forget all about me and move on instantaneously.

This is absolutely true and you knew it from day 1. She's leaving. You cannot sustain LDRs of this nature. Don't even try. It's a fool's game at your age and with your life situation. She's embarking on a great new adventure at college, where she will be around new people and new guys who can actually be with her 24/7. You cannot do that. You lose.

Fuck her for funsies and enjoy the summer. But don't fall in love. Be ready to let go at any moment. Nothing more will come of this.
>>
>>17280424
She will leave and move on and so should you.
Welcome to the real world.Take it like a man.
>>
>>17280444
I know, anon. I completely agree. But this is the first girl I've EVER felt anything towards, and I really like her. It's gotten to the point where I don't feel right unless I'm spending time with her. What the fuck is happening to me? Can I do anything about it?
>>
>>17280455
There will be others.
>>
anon you sound young you got a whole life to grow and meet more grown and better fishes that are mos timportantly interested in committing. i know you mind wants to keep with her and keep hope but i say dont do it your only gonna suffer and you gonna be the nutty one in the end. you deserve better bruh
>>
File: JhFSu1eeRM8.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
JhFSu1eeRM8.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>17280455
Time to put the big boy pants on, Senpai.
That's life.
>>
>>17280501
>>17280463
I know I need to let go, but how can I do that? Is there some secret or do I just deal with it? Will it ever stop?
>>
>>17280520
there's no secret. the only thing you can do is, when you catch yourself wallowing in your feelings, do something to distract yourself. make a conscious decision to not feed the grief. that's about the only thing I've ever found that speeds it up at all. give yourself time to hurt, don't try to rush that too much. but don't drag it out for a long time either. healing will happen gradually. just take it one day at a time. that's all you need to worry about, is every day as it comes. not all the days ahead or behind, just today.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.