[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not using deodorant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1466230997695.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1466230997695.gif
2 MB, 208x200
A lot of my friends, mainly the females honestly, are so fucking opposed to and HATE deodorant with a passion. Be ready for a 3 minute speech on harmful chemicals and ingredients, and how natural oils are healthier for you, etc.

But honestly, I cant stand the smell. Its fucking 80+ degrees outside. Ive been around it for a little over a year now, and a sharp inhale through my nose will make me gag. Even when they use those smelly Natural Body Oils, it just smells like onions and incense.

I hate to be mean to them, they are great reliable friends to me and we've all known eachother for a decent amount of time, I just dont know what to do. So many times do I breath through primarily my mouth just so I dont happen to catch whiff.
>>
>>17280319
get friends who aren't stupid, or buy them all some natural deodorant like tom's or some of those deodorant crystals and give it to them. they'll probably be insulted and you'll have to look for new friends anyway, but at least you won't have to smell them anymore.

are you going to art school or something? I'm trying to rack my brain to think of where you could possibly be, where you'd run into that many people who don't use deodorant. I have several friends who are either hippies or into the whole natural products thing for health reasons. but even they use some form of deodorant/antiperspirant. but then, they are all over the age of 20 and are not in denial about how they smell. your friends sound like they are either in high school or college and are not very self-aware, or have never had a job.
>>
>>17280319
That sounds a little odd; I wouldn't think they would want to smell bad

Maybe say after 30 seconds when you see them, "what is that smell" like innocently, and then the topic will be introduced, and go from there
>>
>>17280357
Im in College yes, and suprisingly in Milwaukee. A lot of people for some reason are taking the whole healing gems, rocks, no-shaving, body oil shit very seriously for whatever fuck reason. I hate trends.

>>17280360
They are well aware they smell. 'ITS NATURAL OH MY GOD YOU CAN DEAL WITH IT' is usually the immediate comeback
>>
>>17280372
definitely start making some new friends asap. when your old friends ask why you don't hang out with them anymore, you can either
a) be blunt and tell them you can't stand the smell anymore
or
>b)about 6-12 months, and then arrange to hang out with them again. if they've developed a sense of consideration for others and have started controlling their stink, resume your friendship with them. if not, make yourself scarce for good.

the reason I say 6-12 months is that usually when people that age go through a phase like that, it takes at least a year or so for them to move on from it.

of course, if they get a summer job or internship, that will speed things up. employers don't care how many chemicals are in deodorant, they care about having employees who don't stink.
>>
Unrelated but similar question. Girl here and I sweat TOO MUCH in hot weather, causing me to reapply deodorant frequently at work. It's annoying because I have to shuffle all the way to the back of the store and go to my locker. And hope no one sees me apply the deodorant because I think it's embarassing. And then I have to shuffle all the way back to my department

Am I just using the wrong deodorant?
>>
>>17281000
Is it just deodorant, or does it have antiperspirant in it too? Deodorant just covers up the smell, antiperspirant stops the sweat. And some of us are blessed with shitty biology. I have to use the extra strong Dove deodorant/antiperspirant , which comes in a tube that's inside a box for some useless reason. Try it, it's a life saver. And I'm thankfull that's all I need, instead of having to resort to sweat gland removal surgery.

For OP:
The fuck, they should just use a natural deodorant
>>
>>17281015
Yes it's the suave brand deodorant antiperspirant. I bought it because cheapo. I only use it at work. You just made me realize I should probably invest in the super duty deodorant for work.

In case any anons were wondering, I work indoors but for some reason we either don't have air conditioning, or it's broken, or it just isn't turned high enough. One can easily sweat just by walking around enough at my work
>>
If they're really as bad as you say, they must not be showering or something.

Honestly, deoderant is useless to anyone with basic hygiene. I'm saying this as someone who hangs out with stinky, sweaty musicians all day. Natural BO of a healthy, hygienic person isn't a big deal. Even with filthy fuckers it's not a big deal as long as you don't get in their personal space.

Have you considered the possibility that you're just a little bitch?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.