[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 27 and never learned how to drive before. How do I go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: il_fullxfull.778319700_q2pl[1].jpg (404 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.778319700_q2pl[1].jpg
404 KB, 1500x1125
I'm 27 and never learned how to drive before. How do I go about learning how to drive and getting my DL in California? I don't have any friends or family to practice with in their car.

Also: How do insurance rates look like for new drivers who are older than normal?
>>
there are driving instructors, but expect it to be expensive. I took a few lessons because I wanted to learn stick and it was $60-70 per hour IIRC
>>
>>17280296
Is it less if I just learn automatic first, and show up at the driving school rather than them coming to me?

How much training is necessary to pass the driving test and be competent driver?

Also for written test, is that something you need to take a course for or you can just look up the info on DMV website? Lots of places offer "Driver's ED" classes but not sure if its necessary or something I can learn on my own beforehand, unlike actual driving.
>>
>>17280296
Depends on where you live, I think it was only $55 a lesson where I live. Definitely gets expensive though, and if you need to borrow a car for the test, they may charge you another lesson's fee for that too.
>>
>>17280306
Written test is based on the rulebook/handbook thing, it should be online.

Don't worry about learning stick, nobody knows how to drive stick nowadays.

The hardest thing on the driving test is parallel parking. Other than that, drive according to the rulebook.
>>
>>17280356
got it

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/web/eng_pdf/dl600.pdf

Do they have this for free at the DMV office so don't have to print this much paper?
>>
>>17280427
Yeah, they do.
>>
>>17280356
Wow, driving stick takes exactly 30 more mins of you time to learn and a day to master... How dumb are you Americans
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.