[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I submitted my resume to a recruitment firm via a job board at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 480x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 480x567
I submitted my resume to a recruitment firm via a job board at midnight last night and got a phone call this morning (actually woke me up) that turned out to be a phone interview, ending with the recruiter being quite pushy about coming in for an interview for "graduate sales positions" in "business information" which could "should you earning close to $80k a year after commission!" I wasn't fully awake yet, so I sort of agreed to it, but how dodgy does this sound? The recruitment firm seems to be legit from a quick google search but sales based jobs on commission with those sorts of promises makes me just want to cancel the interview ASAP.
>>
Going to the interview isn't going to hurt. Just check it out and make sure you don't hand over any cash upfront and you'll be ok.
>>
>>17279950
It's gimmicky as fuck. Most call based recruitment managers are just trying to meet a call/interview quota.

If you get bait n switched as far as info about the company, it's gonna be a scam
>>
>>17279967
Yeah, I don't know mang. Something about it just gives me the feeling it'll be a fucking waste of time. The fact that the actual firm the recruiter is working for wasn't disclosed, the mention of "several other open positions we can talk about", the early morning phone call, the fact that I've heard of "sales executive" and "business information" used as euphemisms for shitty, low paid scam jobs before.
>>
Uh, thanks for the advice I guess guys! I might cancel that interview.
>>
>>17279950
Even if you think it's probably a waste of time, you have little to lose and a lot to gain. It makes no sense to do nothing.
>>
If it sounds too good to be true, well guess what? It probably is.
>>
A copy of the job ad, for reference

"WHO ARE WE REPRESENTING?

Our client is known in their industry for providing top-quality training for graduates, as well as being a world leader in providing business information to their client base of Fortune 500 companies.

With office locations all over the world, their culture is vibrant, energetic, and encourages diversity. Global locations allow for international secondments as well as learning and career progression.

WHAT'S INVOLVED IN THE ROLE?

There is a 3-stage training program that allows graduates to learn the sales processes and methodologies at their own pace. You are paired with a mentor/buddy from the start to ensure successful progression and to make sure all your questions are answered.

The training program takes between 6-12 months (depending on how quickly you learn) with the view to promote you into an Account Manager, Business Development Manager, or the corporate stream of the business.

WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

University degree (all disciplines considered!)
Hunger to learn and grow
Positive and energetic attitude
Extensive out of work interests and extra-curricular activities
Previous sales experience beneficial, but not necessary!

REWARDS

On offer is a very competitive graduate salary of $50-60K (dep on exp) + super + commissions and bonuses throughout the year, which should see you earning at least $80-90K in your first year out of university!

Travel opportunities, networking events, charity days, sporting events, and access to management/leadership is the norm with this amazing company."
>>
>>17279950
>after commission
Pretty dodgy. Like, check it out if you want, but keep your guard up, don't sign anything, and if they start to tell you something like "this isn't a pyramid scheme" or try to get you to pay to work there, walk away.

It might just be sales though. Sales sucks but some people are really cut out for it and passionate about it.
>>
>>17280062
i'd be worried about the hours.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.