[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breaking up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 9674444881_5fd835b615.jpg (108 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
9674444881_5fd835b615.jpg
108 KB, 500x357
Uh, what do you do right after a breakup? I mean in the shock and disbelief stage

I think I'm getting a migraine and I feel numb and vaguely bad but like there's a tidal wave of despair coming on
>>
I believe booze is traditional at that point
>>
>>17279864
I'll consider it.

I'm worried I'll just decide to kill myself if so though. I have some mental health issues
>>
Jerk off and take a nap. How bad was the breakup?
>>
>>17279893
alcohol doesnt make you kill your self....makes you happy. have you felt that way with it before? sure it wasnt wine or some shit?
>>
>>17279850
Get fucking laid, get drunk, jerk off, stop being a little bitch and get fucking over yourself

Find a hobby, focus on school and work idk take your pick
>>
>>17279850

Start by getting busy - hang with friends, drink a little (not too much in the early stages, if you over do it you could let your passions flow and bad shit could happen), take your mind off the person as much as possible.
Avoid going onto any of their social media.
Avoid photos, delete them if you have to.
Avoid things that remind you of them within the first few weeks, this will probably be so many things but trust me it's just best to do it as much as possible.

When I went through my first major break up I got rid of absolutely everything: the stupid drawings, the letters, the photos, the clothes she left, the texts I had on my phone - it was hard but about a week in it felt like the right type of cleanse I needed.

If it was a bad breakup and they were a bad person - you don't need that negativity in your life, don't bother talking to them again.
If it was a civil breakup and they were a good person to you - talk to them if you wish afterwards, we're only human, but never let it get too deep.

Don't bother asking anyone how they're getting on without you, it shouldn't matter anymore to you and it'll only make things worse.
>>
>>17279920
>Jerk off and take a nap.

That's pretty much what I do after everything.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.