[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day anyone here managed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone here managed to quit smoking?
>>
>>17279318

How are you still alive?
>>
how the fuck do you afford that? that's like what 5 packs a day?
>>
>>17279318

yes people have managed to quit smoking. no, its not with some secret that isn't known.

the way people quit is the way you've heard all along.

weening, patches, and self restraint.
>>
>>17279331
36 dollars a day
>>
I did, also 75? Holy shit you must be coughing up chunks of flem and have stained fingers that bad to the point they've gone black instead of brown. But I digress.

Best way to quit is to just do it. Distract yourself when cravings come, every time you fail means that you're letting tobacco companies win by paying them for you to die quicker.

Also don't be a dumbshit and announce to everyone that you've quit just after finishing a cigarette. Better yet, keep it to yourself. If you manage to go for at least 3 days without cigarettes or any form of nicotine replacement (gums, patches, sprays etc) then and only then you can say that you've quit. Telling people about your quitting puts a bit of pressure on you because if you fail, you'll look like a fucktard.

When I first did it, it was because I wanted to fuck off weed and everyone and everything associated with it. Including spin.

I forced myself to love fresh air. Breathing it in at sunrise, breathing it in at night, going up the high altitude levels in town to breathe that air. Any time I had a craving, I'd play a video game or find something to do. You NEED distractions and you absolutely NEED self control.

If you succeed, enjoy having the energy of a 12 year old. Going up hills used to be dreadful but now I don't even break a sweat. Good luck OP.
>>
75 cigs a day? Holy fuck dude, you need to STOP

Try vaping. Honestly fuck what people say, if you get a nice setup you'll be satisfied and not killing yourself with tobacco. Chances are are this point you need to be inhaling something constantly AND getting you nicotine so quitting cold turkey isn't an option.
>>
>>17279450
Don't listen to this dumbshit OP. Never tell yourself that you can't. It just limits you.
>>
Yeah I quit. Black and Milds and self-restraint
>>
My friend went from a pack a day to none in the blink of an eye after he got an e-cig, so if you do nothing else, at least move to that.

Personally, I just drink a fuckload of tea. It's something to do with your hands, there's a whole world of styles and varieties you can get into, and it actually smells good, not disgusting. Plus, it's cheaper.

But seriously, dude, if you can't quit cold turkey, at least move to a vape or an e-cig so you don't die in the next three days. Then you can work on slowly decreasing how much you use it.
>>
Go to your doctor and get a script for Champix. It's breddy gud.
>>
>>17279318
You probably have some kind of oral fixation. I suggest you star sucking cock. 75 fives dicks a day. If you wanna quit fags start being a faggot.
>>
>>17279482
Champix isn't for everyone though. My father went on it at one stage and any time he said fuck it I'll have one he vomited. Also had cold sweats and night terrors too.
>>
Vaping
Do some research and get a decent setup. It's probably cheaper too if you're honestly smoking 75 cigs a day, but I think you're full of shit
>>
this is a pasta everyone, stop replying
>>
>>17279490
I got some nausea if I didn't eat when I took it, but nothing that bad. Still worth checking out, if you haven't tried it.
>>
>>17279495
He's probably exaggerating on top of being one of those smokers that puts a cigarette out when there's like 3-4 drags left on it.

Vaping helped me quit. I was spending about $150/month on cigarettes last year. Before that I was spending well over $200 for the last 10+ years but decided to try an cut back and I was able to to. Then around December last year I started vaping. I spent $85 on a set-up and like $30 for juice. To keep it running it cost be about $30 a month for juice and atomizers. I actually started smoking that more often than cigarettes but I was constantly lowering the nicotine till I got to 5 mg from 18 mg. Then one day about 3 months ago I broke it on accident and took it as a sign to quit. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't smoked at all in 3 months. I've had 3 cigarettes but I know I'll always be a smoker but if I only smoke 10 cigarettes in a whole year I'm okay with that.
>>
>>17279498
You're probably right, I do recall seeing this once or twice recently, but the funny thing is I bet there's people who want to quit smoking that are stopping by and it might be helping them.
>>
>>17279318
/quiter/ here,

The only effective way i have found is going cold turkey, i have tried drinking, nicorette, and patches and they just don't cut the mustard. I have not had a smoke in 4 years and my respiratory system is finally starting to recover. Say No that is the only secret, like with all addictions.
>>
>>17279338
Smoke more.
>>
>>17279519
I still smoke clove cigars occasionally, sometimes to the point where I feel sick and crave them, if it gets to that point I can just vape and get the satisfaction, hell I can drip 0 mg nicotine juice and still cut cravings due to the density of the vapor
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.