[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What keeps you going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1466361858227.jpg (108 KB, 720x994) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466361858227.jpg
108 KB, 720x994
It doesn't take a genius to realise that life isn't very pleasant as a whole. But yet you are still going and you are still living. So in short what is keeping you from killing yourself?

For me it's music and the fact that more than anything I want to experience history. I want to be there when something momentous happens. Also family and friends and blah blah blah.
>>
I read Cioran until I was convinced killing myself was as pointless as living.
>>
To allow for the continuance of "good" as a Moorean primitive property instantiated by some facet of the human condition. Good as an imperitive uniquely entwined with humanity is a perfectly defensible intellectual motivation for living that I've derived from abstruse analytic philosophy.
>>
>>17278893
>So in short what is keeping you from killing yourself?
I think about all the people who would be happy to learn that I killed myself. Then I say to myself "If they want me dead, they will have to work for it. I'm not making it easy for them."
It really motivates.
>>
Too much of a pussy to kill myself also don't want my flat to be known as the flat someone died in since I know of somene who wants it once I move out.
Basically like everything in my life excuses and lack of actual motivation.
>>
Killing myself takes too much energy, and ultimately seems pointless as the time that I'm granted to exist is limited anyways.

I can't argue that being dead would be easier, because I wouldn't be able to enjoy the perks of being dead if I were dead.

I guess ultimately I'm probably just waiting to see interesting things. To gather experience overall, irregardless of whatever personal connotation I may assign to it.

Death is an inevitability, so I'm in no rush. Life on the other hand, I have no guarantee of that.
>>
At least if I don't kill myself, there's the chance something neat could happen. That's complete laziness talking. If I wanted something to happen, I'd make it happen. I'm just afraid of hurting those close to me. I'm afraid of repercussions.
>>
Either commit to life, or commit to death; don't half-ass either, bruhs.
>>
The fact that I have the potential to make my dreams a reality.

I CAN graduate college. I CAN have a nice family with a lovely lady. I CAN be an Army officer. I CAN have a nice car and play catch with my future son (or daughter) every day after work. I just have to work my tail off and most of that is within my reach.
>>
>It doesn't take a genius to realise that life isn't very pleasant as a whole.
Oh, piss off, if you live in a first-world country life's a pretty good deal (unless you start off actually impoverished, in which case you have my sympathies, but you don't strike me as somebody with no opportunities or future.) Get a fucking grip. All of you.
>>
>>17279086
OP here
>Born in Africa
>Now live in one bedroom flat with 6 other people
>Didn't fit in Africa
>Still doesn't fit in the UK
>Other social shit and emotional problems
It's not Chinese sweatshop bad but it's not been a pleasant existence. I'm grateful for my opportunities though.
>>
I've yet to find a (relatively) painless suicide method. Once I can acquire a gun, I'll most likely end it all.
>>
>>17278893
Fun fact

I'm holding, in my hands, the book that that quote came from.

What keeps me going is that I've had a sign not to kill myself.
>>
File: 1463885029296.gif (115 KB, 316x193) Image search: [Google]
1463885029296.gif
115 KB, 316x193
>>17278893
The good times and cool new/old things. Reading a book and finding myself laughing till I'm red in the face, or listening to a song so unconventional and extreme that I can't help but feel amazed by the production. Hanging out with close friends and just talking about whatever's on our mind, connecting with one another the way you only can do with some you really feel close to. I don't know man, sometimes it feels like there's more to enjoy than I'll ever be able to experience, and other times it feel like everything is trash. You just gotta take the good with the bad, even when one out weighs the other.
>>
>>17279392
OK, you have an excuse. More of one than most of the other fucks around here, anyway.

Best of luck turning your situation around.
>>
Spite and stubbornness
>>
>>17278893
Life was a big old bag of shit for a long time. I'm married now, though. Got a nice condo full of fish tanks, in the middle of buying a house, decent job, little business on the side, safe full of guns, cabinet full of good liquor, fridge and cellar full of good beer, good group of friends. The worst part of my life is busting my ass to keep my body in shape.
>>
>>17278893
>life isn't very pleasant as a whole

Speak for yourself, kid.

Are you one of those "my life is over at 18 years old" cucks?
>>
If I give up things will never get better so I need to keep on going and make my life as I please
>>
>>17278893
Nothing at all , indeed im killing myself tonight , this is my post , wich curiously has a very similar pic choice as yours .

>>17279699
>>
>>17279717
>Look at me I'm an attention whore

People who are actually suicidal don't go around saying "omg i'm liek sooooo suicidal". Just do it and stop bothering us.
>>
>>17278893
Momentum.
>>
>>17278893
Knowing that I could make something of myself
>>
>>17278893
Music for me as well. If I went deaf then I would kill myself immediately. Life without music is meaningless.
>>
>>17279729
Omg for real
>>
>>17278893
For me? A sense of duty.
I have to try to help others, make others' lives easier. As best I can, at least.
>>
>>17278893
Nothing. I just think that it is pointless to kill myself when I'll die anyway.
>>
>>17278893
It's a lot of effort to actually kill yourself. The high chance I'll fuck up and be sent to the hospital again terrifies me.
>>
The fact of knowing one day it will all be over. So it doesnt matter how hi or how low i feel. One day it will all be over. So there is no point in offing yourself. But when that day comes when its going to be over, thats my future selfs problem. Sucked in future self.
>>
Death is a one way street so you may as well force life down your gullet.
>>
I don't know. I was really close to killing myself in November/December 14 but something just kind of clicked and I decided I didn't need to do it. Did I pussy out? Maybe.

Anyway I'm glad I didn't because I had some amazing times with my friends and family last year. You have to find something that makes you want to live.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.