[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I feel guilty about buying really good computer equipment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: LG-IPS-Monitor.jpg (45 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
LG-IPS-Monitor.jpg
45 KB, 800x564
Should I feel guilty about buying really good computer equipment from that are selling them ridiculously cheap and don't know any better?

I'm seeing a decent selection of perfectly good widescreen monitors being sold for $35 on craigslist, one of which was a quality $200 monitor (in 2009) for $19. 1/2 the titles and descriptions only mention the brand and no other technical info, so I don't think they know what they got.
>>
>>17278886
*from people that are selling them ridiculously cheap and probably dont know any better
>>
No. Fuck no. Profiting off the ignorant is the staple practice of 99% of good businesses.
>>
File: pvp20050925.gif (25 KB, 850x270) Image search: [Google]
pvp20050925.gif
25 KB, 850x270
Chances are they just want to get rid of it.

When I worked at Goodwill people donated expensive stuff all the time. They just didn't have a use for it, and the money wasn't all that important to them.
>>
>>17278886

Nope.

Also electronic devices depreciate in value much faster than most so even something used for one year would cost about 50% less than what they bought it from
>>
>>17278886
See >>17278903

I sold some $400 speakers last week for $60. One they're 8 years old and two I really just wanted to get rid of them I was tired of them taking up space. It's called a win-win. I get a little money, you get a good deal.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.