[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
plane advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1310560627643.jpg (16 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
1310560627643.jpg
16 KB, 221x246
i have a 10 hour flight tomorrow and fucking hate flying. I have shitty ears that can't handle headphones, much less on the volume needed to hear anything on a plane, so i can't watch movies or do basically anything other than trying to read which never works.

so i'm contemplating skipping sleep tonight and catching up on the plane. i'm taking a taxi so i don't need to worry about being deprived on the road, i'd just have to make it to the plane and then hopefully sleep through the entire shitty ride.

is this a bad idea?
>>
>>17278829
How sensitive are you? I'm pretty sensitive to noise, sleeping on a plane didn't really give me any rest when I tried it (I also skipped sleeping the previous night)
>>
>>17278833
A little but I could probably do it. How'd it go, did you have to just suffer through a day without sleep until collapsing?
>>
>>17278829
Well what's the time difference between where you're going? Judge by that if you can't get your sleep schedule back on track or you can't just take a medication or something to get over being a sensitive cunt with no self control.
>>
>>17278829
get some of those foam earplugs. i know i definitely need them if i'm going to sleep
>>
>>17278829
I know some people deal with this by having a shot from the service bar. Ask for one of those miniature bottles of vodka and drink for some cozy sleep.
>>
>>17278839
I was mostly busy packing the night before but waiting at the airport was torture, no good places to actually lay down for a nap (I'm tall).

Once inside the plane you try as best you can to find a comfy position to sleep, but then a few hours in those who brought kids will let their spawns run all over. Also aisle seats are a pain with your neighbors wanting to visit the toilet often.

Try to have a window seat, and hopefully the next seat will be empty so you could relax. Ask the check in attendant

I would follow this as well >>17278889
>>
>>17278829
Dude, silent films. Get Buster Keaton's "The General" and Douglas Fairbanks' "Thief of Baghdad", that's three hours of damn good entertainment, no headphones needed.
>>
Hey OP are you me? I hate that shit. Got diagnosed with narrow ear canals as a baby but my parents couldn't afford the operation to fix it. Yeah fuck it's an adorable sounding disorder but inserting headphones is like trying to keep a couple of thumb tacks in your ears. Sure you might find a nice sweet spot where they don't fucking get you. But one slight movement and you're in agony.

For the planes I've taken. Especially those transatlantic bastards I heavily dope up on over the counter sleeping medication and use Vaseline in my ears to block the noise. It's a gross mess when you clean it out but its also a natural soother so leaves you feeling pretty sweet.

ALSO if you get dehydrated on flights and don't want to pay out the arse for water in duty free, bring an empty bottle through secuirty and fill it up at a water fountain. That's legit.

Good luck ear torture bro. Happy flying
>>
>>17278829
I try sleeping with Benadryl but it makes me restless especially cramped on a plane resulting in a shitty sleep. But it's still better than being awake on a plane imo. Don't use NyQuil, my friend passed out and his lips turned blue while on it on a plane and I've heard a story of a women dying using as a sleep aid on a flight.
>>
>>17278829
Why not headphones (not ear buds) that are noise cancelling?
>>
>>17279677
Noise canceling over the ear headphones exist, and OP is a massive faggot and is a cheap cunt who won't buy a pair.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.