[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
point of existence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: wooper-love-you-o.gif (852 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
wooper-love-you-o.gif
852 KB, 240x180
What is the point of living? I ask that because after 18 years of living, I just feel bored of life and the human experience and nothing will truly satisfy me anymore. We're all gonna die, nothing we do really matters, the sun will blow up, and the universe will end by heat death. Not many of the people I've encountered in my life were that great, so I've yet to see a Buddha type person that can truly change my life. Is it wrong that I wanna commit suicide out if boredom, apathy, and irritation?
>>
>I'm 18 and my life is over

My favorite /adv/ meme!
>>
You yourself make sense to your life, there is no exactly argument why we exist. Just enjoy your existence while you can.
>>
>What is the point of living?
It's up to you to define.
> nothing will truly satisfy me anymore
How do you know if you haven't tried it all?
>We're all gonna die, nothing we do really matters, the sun will blow up, and the universe will end by heat death.
Everything is temporary. Big deal. Big whoop. Get over it.
> I've yet to see a Buddha type person that can truly change my life.
Unfortunately only you can change it.
>Is it wrong that I wanna commit suicide out if boredom, apathy, and irritation?
Boredom implies that you crave new experiences. Sell all your shit and go traveling or some shit. Or yeah, just kill yourself.
>>
>>17278789
Yeah, I know I sound ridiculous. You can laugh. But I'm not even depressed, just bored with what the universe has going for it. I guess you can say my life is pretty ok
> middle class
> steady gf
> part of a local theater company
> about to graduate
But I just dot see the point anymore anon
>>17278800
Yeah I try, but even then I can't help but wish there was a higher power or force directly guiding my actions rather than sending weird signals.
>>
I was just like you when I was your age, I didn't really care about anything, I thought people were just naive and stupid, spilling all their emotions around, talking about everyday stuff that I just couldn't grasp why anyone would care about.
I had a few interests, just stuff that I did to kill time basically, nothing I was REALLY interested in.

Then I graduated and got my first job, thought to myself "alright now I'll just keep doing this until I die I guess".
A few weeks in I get paired with this guy from literally the other side of the earth.
This guy later became like a big brother to me, he slowly changed my entire perspective on life. I can't remember when or what we were doing but we started talking about the meaning of life and he just said "I just want to be happy and make the people around me happy as well" and it just made so much sense, like it just clicked. I did the same thing he did, I traveled the world, met really cool people, saw some amazing places and I just felt happy with myself. I understand if you read this and just think "just another naive stupid person", I did every time I read something like what I just wrote. I think you need to travel and meet new people and get inspired. Best of luck bro!
>>
>>17278788

Have you tried murder? That'll make you feel alive bro
>>
>>17278867
>>
You don't have anything going on that makes life interesting enough.
>>
I actually feel the same way
>>
>>17279676
But i tried a lot of things, and it seems boring now.
>>
Babby's first philosophical thought is that there is no point in existence. Everybody that has lived long enough has had their quarter life crisis.

There have been plenty of answers to the questions you ask other the past couple thousand years. If you really want some well informed, persuasive arguments, you should read what some very famous people have written instead of asking a bunch of virgins, NEETs, or whatever else you find here.

The common answer you'll get is the existentialist approach. "You create your own meaning in an inherently meaningless world", "you're the only one responsible for what you make of the world", etc. Sometimes you'll get a straight up nihilist who just says "there is no meaning, there will never be meaning, don't worry about it", and otherwise you'll get a hedonist who will tell you just to live for your own pleasure. Rarer, you'll get some type of theologian who will try to get you to see meaning in some higher power, named or unnamed. At the end of the day, you'll believe whatever you wanna believe and you'll either kill yourself or you won't.

If you don't though, I would advise looking deep into yourself. If you're so completely bored and find no pleasure in life, why haven't you already done it? People who really want to commit suicide usually try to. If you're still alive, some thing or some desire is keeping you, and you should explore whatever that is.
>>
>>17278788
Take a fucking philosophy class you lazy unintelligent fuck.
>>
Subjectively? Whatever the hell you want it to be.
Objectively? To not be dead.

The point of life is to not be dead.
The point of existence is to survive and encourage entropy.
The point of living is something you find once you've survived long enough.
>>
>>17278788
No worries lad. Once puberty ends all will get better.
>>
Every fucking thread, because you kids make them all the time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.