[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop myself getting so angry and frustrated at everything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: the sound of silence.jpg (42 KB, 650x355) Image search: [Google]
the sound of silence.jpg
42 KB, 650x355
I find myself stressed both at work and at home for no particular reason and for things I can't control.

Things going wrong at work, not doing well at videogames, seemingly basic things drive me up the wall (and it's not people as I live alone)

I've just come back from a holiday and I thought that might help, but I'm still the same even after a break.

I did have depression a couple of years back, but I seemed to get over that fine with a bit of help.

What do /adv/?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 310x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 310x326
>>17278734
>not doing well at videogames
>>
>>17278742
Yes, I know, Mr Frogposter. I feel autistic as fuck. I swear like a sailor at simple things going wrong around the house too.
>>
>>17278734
Focus and perspective are needed to overcome stress. Whenever something goes wrong and you feel yourself falling into that habit--STOP. Take a few breaths. Ask yourself: What am I really upset about? Is it really under my control? What will my getting worked up over this do to help make things better? What IS a better way of dealing with this kind of thing? Seriously--a little pause and reflect might save you from stress related health and social issues later. GL!
>>
>>17278734

this sort of thing is intrinsic, so hard to deal with.

i used to be hella angry but over time i mellowed out cuz i realized there was nothing to be mad about. being mad doesnt solve any problems unless there is a person to direct that anger at, and even then only if they can do something about it / are at fault. but even if someone makes a mistake no need to be mad.

i guess i just rationalize being angry as useless, and it works for me. but it might not work for you
>>
You sound like the 4 ft 9 frog that works at my job.

Constantly losing his shit over nothing.
the other day he literally stomped his feet as he raged out the building.

I suspect either his height or small dick is the cause.
>>
>>17278734
I'm basically this.
When I lack sleep, food or am hurting (sneaky headache, not as strong to notice immediately).
How do I avoid going up the wall? Usually immediately care for my bodily needs. Eat, sleep and rest well.
>>
>>17278734
In a similar boat. Almost everything you said applies to me, even the just coming back from a break thing, except I don't express myself too well. I bottle most of it up, or I become extremely insensitive to things around me as a result, which in turn converts to suicidal thoughts.

But it's almost humorous, because there's little emotion behind those thoughts. It's not usually like a powerful desperate emotion. I get so insensitive to things that it lightens the mood for me to think about different ways to kill myself and who it would affect.

In my case, I think I have undiagnosed ADHD or something. Possibly related to trauma as I had some shitty things happen at home during my childhood, but nothing too severe.

Got anything else to share about yourself?
>>
Do origami

Folding things is really relaxing. It needs to be done slowly to be accurate but it's easy not to fail when you take the time and the concnetration. It's a good way to give you're brain a sense of fullfilment
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.