[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does sexual addiction really exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: thefatone.png (836 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
thefatone.png
836 KB, 900x900
and if so, do i have it?
>25 f
>can't think about anything but sex, starting to forsake my hobbies in favor of sexual activities
>can't stay loyal so only maintains fwbs
>anxious all the time
>insomnia
>mood swings from hell
>>
Yup.

I am pretty much the same OP.
Do you feel a lot of self resentment about it too?
>>
It's more of a compulsion than an addiction (this matters because compulsions and addictions require related but different methods of treatment), but it exists. And although we are not qualified to diagnose, given the degree to which it's messing up your life, I'd call it a safe guess that you may have it. See a therapist.
>>
Yes and it kind of sounds like it, but one post is hardly enough to be sure. You sound in need of some guidance to begin with so seek out real life help.

Some will claim that sex addiction doesn't exist but most of those fail to see it the proper way. Sex addiction doesn't mean you want "too much" sex. You can have sex ten times a day and still not be addicted. It's when it becomes detrimental to your life in ways you have no control over that it's an addiction.

For example, like all addicts sex addicts typically start craving more and more extreme kicks and new experiences. So if you take a typical story that would be a man who starts with wanting to fuck his wife all the time. Then that's not enough anymore and he starts to cheat on her regardless of whether he finds the women attractive or not. Then he starts to dabble in fetishes he never cared for. At some point he'll be in a dark room sucking off a guy, not enjoying it and feeling depressed and disgusted afterwards. At the end stage, there is no pleasure, there is no excitement, there's just the need.
That is entirely different from "liking sex too much". It's a warped, unhealthy relationship with sex.

It sounds like this is the case with you (in an earlier stage) because it limits you and makes it impossible to have/do certain things you love. Plus the stress.
>>
>>17277923
Yes I also will engage in something depraved like group sex then feel guilty about it
>>
>>17277933
This makes a ton of sense I don't believe I was bi when I started engaging in sex but I am now. I also engage in riskier sexual behaviors when it comes to birth control
>>
>>17277935
Sounds all too familiar.
It reached the point with me where I don't really have any friends at all that aren't online. I would too readily go for them or their girlfriends. Regardless of the outcome it resulted in the end of friendships eventually.

Then of course, the guilt.
>>
>>17277895
By the way, histrionic personality disorder exists.
Consider looking into it.
>>
>>17277962
Think I have BPD?
>>
>>17277895
I know you're not going to like this answer, but:

You're a woman.
>>
bamp
>>
First you need to identify how much of the problem is caused by a physical need and how much is caused by a psychological need. Your purely physical needs can be satisfied by masturbating. If you have an itch that is not satisfied by masturbating then it's a psychological need. You mention anxiety, insomnia and mood swings which are all reasons to consider the problem a psychological need.

>can't stay loyal
I have to say that your sexual libido should have little to do with your ability to stay loyal. It is a psychological problem.
>>
>>17277945
>I also engage in riskier sexual behaviors when it comes to birth control
Please stop this self destructive behavior, if you're going to have many partners you need to protect yourself from HIV. It's only a matter of time until you're exposed.
>>
>>17278270
Pretty nuch this, sexual needs are not the same as staying loyal.

It is not just physical and you have an actual psychological problem, good luck in life.
>>
>can't stay loyal

Just find another sex addict. Or does your addiction for sex also include the thrill of cheating form part of your disloyalty... If so sex clubs / forever a strumpet etc.
>>
>>17279433
Sex addiction almost always involves fucking many people, not just one.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.