[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was with someone for 5 years. We lived together for 4 of those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Emil_nier.jpg (13 KB, 269x272) Image search: [Google]
Emil_nier.jpg
13 KB, 269x272
I was with someone for 5 years. We lived together for 4 of those years. We talked every day, laughed, learned from and supported each other, had great sex.

Six months ago, she told me she wasn't happy anymore. She immediately left the house to go have sex with someone else; I later found out she had been setting it up for weeks, waiting for the right time to end the relationship. Then, in the following days while I looked for a new place to live, she begged me to go out for the night so she could have a guy over. I hadn't even packed yet. I can't even describe how much it hurt to hear her ask me that. Not that I'm bothered that she will fuck other people, but that she seemed so totally over it, and had no regard for my feelings at all. We bought the bed and all the furniture together. What the fuck happened?

This is the first time in six months I've collected my thoughts about it. It's just been streaks of misery and suicidal thoughts. Not just because I lost my best friend, but I let my life dissolve around that relationship, and came out with nothing. I slept in my car for a few weeks, then I got in an accident and totaled the car.

Now I live with my mom again. I quit my job because of how far it was. And to be honest I couldn't get out of bed. I still have trouble with that.

I don't know what I want from you guys. I just keep struggling with these feelings of worthlessness or apathy at best. I don't know what I want to do. All I've done for months is play video games and sleep.

I don't think I can ever be in a relationship again. I've had messy breakups in the past, but this was by far the most brutal soul shredding anything I've experienced.
>>
There's nothing to do than to give your best to deal with it. When something as terrible as this happens, then it's normal for people to feel terrible about it and to take a long time to deal with it. Try to do small positive things, to contact people, to find someone to talk to again and to be open with. If you're in a slump for such a long time, it can be good to seek out therapy in order to deal with your negative feelings and get back on your feet again. Ultimately, if you hold on and try your best to find purpose and an emotional equilibrium again, you will be alright.
>>
Take "TheRedPill"
>>
>>17277548

Try to come to terms with yourself. Humans are going to be humans. We are all just animals with a facade of decency, which always melts away at some point.

Don't blame yourself for it OP. It happened, there is nothings else you can do about it. Use this as an oppertunity to work on yourself and focus on how you can be happy by yourself. Don't start with anything big, just do small things.

Good luck on the recovery/getting out of the depression
>>
>>17277548
You know, I remember a friend of mine doing this to someone about a year ago. Was she named Jessica?
>>
>>17277600
No, Kelsie.

She ever mention why she did it though?
>>
>>17277583
How do I find a therapist? I've never even met a person who has seen one.
>>
>>17277623
In my case, I was friends with the guy she cheated with. She butted into our guild and then after refusing sex with her husband for months she slept with the leader and started bossing everyone around. I talked back, our whole friend group split up, and she got a divorce and I have no idea where it went from there.
>>
File: 1448829090152.jpg (609 KB, 1860x862) Image search: [Google]
1448829090152.jpg
609 KB, 1860x862
And I thought people getting cucked so hard were fairy tales.
>>
>>17277548
>What the fuck happened?
When something like this happens, one of the important things to remember is that this is mostly not about you. Your ex is a selfish asshole.

I'm curious, did you split up the furniture between the two of you, or did she pay you for it? Or did you just give everything to her? Did you tell her to go fuck herself when she asked you to go out for the night or dd you meekly say "ok" and leave?

As for what to do, you know what you need to do: pull yourself together and take steps to get yourself back to where you're a self-supporting adult. Have some fucking self-respect, stop being a leech and a child.

Don't think you can be in a relationship again? Well ok. That is far from the most important thing you have to worry about right now, so figure that one out later.
>>
get some sense of autonomy and self worth. if a girl ever asked me to leave MY house so she can fuck somebody else, no matter how long we were together, i would say that cunt goodbye for ever. It's not the situation that makes you so pathetic it's how you deal with it.
>I let my life dissolve around that relationship, and came out with nothing
you still came out with yourself. that should be ENOUGH. Never DEPEND on anyone! other people's affections are just to be seen as a cherry on top of the cake that is being a person all by yourself
>>
>>17277981
>Never DEPEND on anyone! other people's affections are just to be seen as a cherry on top of the cake that is being a person all by yourself
This is the main reason she left him in the first place .
He's so annoying, even when I just read his story........
How much of a slob he is. Wow. Get your shit together man.
>>
>>17277548
all I can tell you is this has happened to every man at least once. and every woman has done it to a man at least once
>>
To be honest I'm not sure I would be strong enough to not kidding her if she asked me to leave the house so she could have a guy over. That's like...asking for someone to kill you right? I'm considered to have a lot of patience by all my peers and even I would have absolutely lost myself and killed her
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.