[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a Used Car or Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1460576392855.jpg (125 KB, 924x572) Image search: [Google]
1460576392855.jpg
125 KB, 924x572
Hi /adv/

quick background about me:

I am a 21 y.o. community college student who commutes to school ten miles one way everyday. I don't have a car so my mom drives me every day. Its been going on for over a couple months so I feel pretty bad. I told my dad and he agreed to buy me a car. He initially gave me a $45k budget but agreed to buy me a $65k car (a 2013 Porsche 911 Convertible). He deposited $50k in my account and is sending more. I am wondering if maybe I should do something else with the money instead of buying a car? Also, I think I am kind of straining my dad financially despite the fact that we are well off but he is still willing because thats the kind of dad he is. Bretty cool mang.
Any advice for this fool?
>>
>>17277178
why are you going to community college if your dad can buy you $65,000 cars? if you don't need a car that expensive as a status symbol feel free to get a $2000-$10,000 shitbox that is reliable and will last you until the end of college and then return the remaining money to your dad or just hold on to it for a rainy day.
>>
>$65k
>on a car
Wanna know how I know you don't know the value of money?
>>
Not even.

4000 is enough to get you a really good used car. Insurance will be cheap. Buy an fm transmitter or something so you can still listen to your own music.

You're not living in it, just driving a few minutes a day. I was this close to buying new and then I got an 06 mazda 3. No regrets. Get used, op.
>>
Get a used Japanese car like a Mazda or something. Sturdy little things.
>>
suzuki has some really cool stuff, or you can be a joker and drive around in a mcdonalds smart car. your 65k budget is 6k short from a brand new tesla model s base
>>
File: 1464909236515.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464909236515.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>17277178
>He initially gave me a $45k budget but agreed to buy me a $65k car (a 2013 Porsche 911 Convertible).

This better be bait.

Otherwise op is a raging fag by wasting all that money on a vehicle that will lose a quarter of its value as soon as it is driven out the dealer's lot.

Buy a fucking used car.

Please learn the value of money, your rich parents aren't going to be around forever.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.