[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm selling some collectible items. Doesn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1462420483094.jpg (47 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1462420483094.jpg
47 KB, 540x472
So I'm selling some collectible items. Doesn't really matter what for the purposes of this post, but yeah. I didn't put a price on them, but rather "make me an offer". So I get an original offer for $10 for four of them. Sure, I was okay with it, but the guy wasn't really responding to my messages but I assumed he was busy or something. Well just a little bit ago, I received a second offer for $75 for the whole set (15). Now I'm not even sure what to do.

Should I:

- Tell the second interested buyer that four of the items are already "sold"?

- Screw the first IB and sell the whole set to the second guy?

What is the right thing to do in this particular situation? I feel as if I move forward with the second guy, I'll feel like a scumbag because I sort of already agreed to sell four of the items to him for $10. But I haven't heard back from him AND the second guy wants to give me $75 for the whole set!
>>
>$10 vs. $75

Gee, that's a tough one...
>>
File: pile-of-money-640x330.jpg (114 KB, 640x330) Image search: [Google]
pile-of-money-640x330.jpg
114 KB, 640x330
You tell guy one that a better offer came in, and if he ask how much, tell him. This gives him a cance to counterbid.
>>
>>17277026
>- Tell the second interested buyer that four of the items are already "sold"?
They're not sold because no transaction has taken place. Sell to second buyer.
>>
*chance
>>
>>17277036
>>17277034
>>17277030
Got it. I still feel slimy doing this, but I'll sell to the second IB and tell the first that a better offer came in.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>17277050
>I still feel slimy doing this
You're making an assumption that you're screwing the first guy over. You gave him the benefit of a text to check with him, to which he didn't respond. This was based on an assumption that he was busy. You could make an equally valid assumption that he changed his mind and just couldn't be bothered to tell you.

Relax.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.