[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ I have a problem that I need to bring up with my boyfriend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: scooby21.gif (4 KB, 529x196) Image search: [Google]
scooby21.gif
4 KB, 529x196
Hi /adv/

I have a problem that I need to bring up with my boyfriend.
My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and while he is my best friend, funny, intelligent and good looking; he is (what I think) a major coward.

We live next door to 2 guys who are very nice people but also rowdy and pretty inconsiderate. They piss near our front door, loud at ungodly hours and they smoke weed near our bedroom window, which makes it impossible to sleep because the smell creeps in. They block our driveway but he won't ask them to move their trucks, he would rather wait until they leave than to just simply ask them to move.

He just refuses any form of confrontation with anything in life. Even if I have done something to annoy him, he won't confront me about it but rather make a joke about it. Sex is the same, he won't tell me what he likes and dislikes and just does whatever is not awkward to ask for.
He was a pushover at school and work until I pushed him to speak up about getting shitty hours and unpaid overtime. He now copes better but will still stall at confronting injustice...unless he absolutely has to.
He is on the far side of entitled but this is too much.
I am getting sick of being the man in awkward situations and us looking like weaklings, how can I ask him to step it up?
I mentioned it a few times but he just tells me it's not in his nature.
>>
Stop dating nu-males.
>>
>>17276849
You're being a dick.
He's not a coward. Some people just prefer to not deal with petty bullshit.
Have you considered that he might have an anxiety disorder? Maybe some trauma in his past?
Christ. Realize that if something is bothering you, you don't need to belittle your partner for not being your bitch.
>>
>>17276865
How would you handle it if you were in his shoes?
>>
>>17276856
He is very for feminism.

>>17276865
I don't belittle him about it, I never have. I have always accepted his discomfort and took care of things. He doesn't have anxiety, we have discussed anxieties before, he is just apologetic for even being alive.
I wouldn't be so frustrated with him if he had trauma or something like that.
>>
>>17276865
>beta detected
>>
>>17276849
>He is on the far side of entitled but this is too much.
He's not entitled, idiot, he's fucked up. He needs therapy, and that's not an insult.

>>17276883
>He doesn't have anxiety, we have discussed anxieties before,
And you're qualified to say this because ...?

Personality disorders are largely just descriptions of symptoms. You realize that, right? If he's this avoidant, this passive, this afraid of confrontation or even of expressing his needs and likes (e.g. sex), then he does have an anxiety disorder, or some other psychiatric condition, by definition. That's what a fucking disorder is, a collection of maladaptive traits pervasive and serious enough to significantly affect one's ability to function in everyday life.
>>
>>17276849
Just have a threesome while your boyfriend watches everybody wins
>>
>>17277011
>He is on the far side of entitled but this is too much.
>He's not entitled, idiot

looool think she meant the opposite side, idiot.
>>
He is the result of liberal upbringing. Get used to it because boys are now discouraged from becoming men.
>>
>>17276849
>They piss near our front door, loud at ungodly hours and they smoke weed near our bedroom window, which makes it impossible to sleep because the smell creeps in. They block our driveway

-OUR front door
-OUR bedroom window
-OUR driveway

and you haven't confronted them why?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.