[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to be with people when I'm alone >want to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 123801289301293.png (490 KB, 1280x709) Image search: [Google]
123801289301293.png
490 KB, 1280x709
>want to be with people when I'm alone
>want to be alone when I'm witch people
what the fuck is this
it's messing with my mind
get me off this fucking ride
>>
u gotta figure out what u want and stuff. like really everyone needs company every now and then you just have to sort out some inner feelings. maybe ask yourself, what is it on your mind preventing you from enjoying the company of others? maybe you have some unresolved deeper emotional issues, maybe you don't trust others because of past experience. that needs to be confronted
>>
>>17276647
That's normal for middle schoolers.
>>
>>17276665
what am I missing to stop being /middleschooltier/
>>17276658
a big majority of it is that I can't feel anything toward the people I hang out with
probably have to sort that out
>>
I've felt like that too OP.

I feel that it is due to internal conflict. You're looking to escape something or in general you are disturbed on the inside.

When you are alone, you seek friends as an escape. When you are with friends, you may still feel alone on the inside or stirring on some troubles, so you want to be alone. It's very strange.

When you are with friends, try to say to yourself "These problems can wait until later. It is not that they're not connecting with me, but I'm not making myself available to them. Alone time can come later". Take a breath and try to hop in on the conversation or just be attentive.

It takes practice, but when alone try to chip away at what is botherting you. I apologize for no clear or quick fix, but this has helped me in the past.
>>
>>17276647
Take some time to figure out why you do these things. Don't try so hard, in terms of changing the way you feel. Start getting comfortable with being alone and with being in a group. If your friends don't excite you maybe it's time to meet some new people. Or maybe you're making excuses
>>
>>17277054
I appreciate you taking the time to type it out. Thanks.
>>17277075
it's partly excitement but it's hard to pinpoint. Feels shitty. It's probably an internal conflict.

Thanks for the responses.
>>
>>17276647
I'm the same man, but I patch it up by visiting 4chan for my social needs.
>>
Maybe you're just lazy like me? Sometimes I get lonely, but keeping up a conversation takes some serious effort, so the moment I start talking to someone, I want to be alone again. It's a constant tug-of-war in my head between laziness and loneliness.
>>
File: 1429428581133.png (210 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1429428581133.png
210 KB, 1000x1000
>>17276665
nigga you an asshole

but i laughed
>>
>>17276647
I'm kind of similar.
I like being with just one or two friends that I trust. It lets me relax and be me. Being with a few people I don't care about so much, or being with too many people, makes me feel tired and homesick.
Maybe you're the same way? Do you have any intimate friendships?
>>
People react to situations differently. You might be an introvert or a Highly Sensitive Person,I've read about 20% of the population are. Read some books on it OP, or see a therapist. I'm reading a book about HSPs now.
>>
File: 1462346099374.gif (206 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462346099374.gif
206 KB, 500x500
>>17276647
>get me off this fucking ride

Maybe you need to find ppl you can be comfortable with?
>>
File: 1462886453437.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462886453437.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
>>17276647
You should definitely stop being witch people it sounds a lot more appealing than what you actually are bargaining for.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.