[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm having trouble breaking up with my bf for a few reasons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1281057725817.jpg (85 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1281057725817.jpg
85 KB, 500x475
i'm having trouble breaking up with my bf for a few reasons
>has my nudes
>has anger issues and tendency to be violent (has never been angry/violent with me though)
>suffers from depression; will abuse alcohol and drugs if it gets bad enough
>depends on my support a lot
>i'm already integrated with his family and friends

i don't know what to do, he loves me so much and has technically never did any wrong to me, and keeps telling me that i'm the reason why he keeps trying in his life.

and to be honest, he does make me very happy. he is extremely considerate of me and hasn't directed his anger at me yet... though i saw glimpses of it when i didn't get his jokes or if i try to offer advice. i just feel like i have to be on my best behaviour at all times, but i feel even my best isn't enough sometimes.

at the same time, when i saw him chimp out because the tv remote wasn't working and screaming at his dog for licking itself, i just felt afraid of him and felt like he's not the person i want to be with for the rest of my life. also, he got in a physical fight with his co-worker last friday for chirping at him... he told me he was trying to stop his violent behavior, but i don't think some name-calling should get a throw down... plus the guy was obviously stupidly drunk.

his family and friends love me because i make him so happy and his behaviour improved a lot... they were worried he was going to drink himself stupid and kill himself with his drugs. i feel like they also kind of depend on me and will blame me if he hurts himself.

how can i break up with him safely? or is there any way i can word this so he could understand?

pic kind of related, what i want to avoid in the future lol
>>
Whatever you do, do it in a public place for your safety.
>>
>>17276617
i was thinking of doing it over text once i move to my new place in about a month... is that bad?

he and i are already kind of in a long distance relationship, i will have a harder time going back home if i go to his town after a break up... and he will be angry as hell to be brought to where i live just to be broken up with...
>>
>>17276604
>is that bad?
There's not gonna be a good way to do it with this guy.
>>
>>17276629
i am a little scared... i'm already thinking of deleting all my social media just to get rid of him and his family/friends and laying low for a while...

i have a strong online presence though because i'm an artist, so it's easy to look up my email and stuff...

is there any way i can word this to him to help him understand why i'm breaking up with him?

i already know i'm going to feel extremely guilty for leaving him. he has gone through a lot, and he does what he can to make me happy.
>>
>>17276604
>>depends on my support a lot

Cuck.
>>
another idea i had is to tell him that i'm just a hopeless loser. (which is kind of true)

because i've been on my best behavior, he doesn't really know what i am very well and doesn't understand what i was like growing up.

he thinks i'm this perfect princess right now, and maybe i can hopefully make him love me less? i don't know if that's so far off, but this would be easier if i found he cheated on me or something...
>>
>>17276755
Don't diminish yourself to make for an easy out. You have a single life and you deserve to be happy. He isn't allowing you to be as happy as you want to be.

As for how to word it, well, you know him best. We can't write it for you so you'll have to figure out how to communicate what's necessary and soften it in all the necessary ways for his sake (if you care).

Feel guilty or not, he's the object of his own destruction and you can't remain his buoy in the storm without damaging yourself.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.