[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interview Anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1454041074734.jpg (108 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1454041074734.jpg
108 KB, 500x321
I'm so tired of seizing up during job interviews.

I'm at the point where my resume gets next day responses, but the last 4 interviews I have dumped my spaghetti, for simple questions like "Well now is the time where we would like you to say something that sets you apart, what makes you as a candidate, memorable?"
>pause for 5 heartbeats
>404 error reply not found
>"hurr I go to great lengths to ensure the client's happiness"(IT)
>interviewers names deleted
>"it was nice talking to you both, have a good day"
>no callback

I have totally purged my system for the last month so I will pass any drug test they throw at me, but sober I become flustered easily. Yet in my past experiences with xanax, I can literally meet a QT at a starbucks and she invites me back to her place, spaghetti fully intact.

Is it possible for someone like me to do this sober? My resume looks great, and interviews go great, until a single question triggers a full memory dump and I am left basically retarded.
>>
>>17276389
Bumping, help me become a productive member of society /adv/
>>
>>17276389
There's a generic response for that one.

"I earnestly feel like I'm an appropriate fit for this work and wish to make it into a career. I do not know if that is something that will set me apart from other candidates, since I do not know the backgrounds of the others you are interview for this position. And what will make me memorable won't be something I tell you to remember, it'll be your own takeaway from the interview. What I believe your takeaway should be is that you also feel that I am an ideal fit for the position."

Also, that pause for 5 heartbeats is fine. It's preferred in many ways.

Breathe deeply and should you for some reason feel like you're not ready to answer that question yet -- ask the interviewer to move to another one.

>That's a great question and it's not something I want to just give you a quick response to. Can we move to another question and come back to that one later in the interview?
>>
>>17276389
You know the questions they're going to ask. Write out perfect answers. Study them. Memorize them. Feed them back on cue.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.