[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Live in small town >Nothing exciting to do around here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
>Live in small town
>Nothing exciting to do around here unless your over 50
>Friends are either working or spending time with their girlfriends, never really have time to do things anymore
>Spend most of my free time sitting around smoking weed and playing video games
>Bored as fuck and want to go out and do things, but there's literally nothing around here to do
>>
>>17276315
>Friends are either working or spending time with their girlfriends, never really have time to do things anymore

You mean they don't have Ave time to spend with a lazy fucktard who does nothing but smoke weed? I can't blame them from avoiding you.

How about you get a job?
>>
>>17276321
I have one, but it still leaves me with way too much free time.
>>
>>17276315
>nothing exciting to do unless you're over 50

What could you possibly be referring to?
>>
>>17276315
50 is the new 40.
>>
>>17276326
All I'm saying is there really isn't much for a 20 year old to do around here.
>>
Sounds like drugs might be for you
>>
>>17276321
I feel like this is why a majority of people I know stopped talking to me but I go to school now and have a job so I don't know. I'm not even lazy, just like to get high a lot. Maybe it's because I don't own a car. Oh well
>>
>>17276336
Go around fucking the hot 50 year old womens, it'll be fun both of uou
>>
People don't do all that much, they read books, walk along the river, cinema, maybe play football or mess around with drones.

In the city it's almost the same, except there's now 150 different restaurants, 25 pubs and 50 bars. You wouldn't go there with your friends anyway, you'd want a girlfriend. And it's not like you're going to go to the museum.
>>
You could always move to Barcelona or Amsterdam like every other weed smoker, and by move I mean just go there, hang out and sleep in a hostel for months.
>>
>>17276370
So then how do I stop being so damn bored all the the time
>>
>>17276419
Do what you want to do. If what you want to do isn't where you are, then move
>>
>>17276315
only boring people get bored
>>
>>17276429
>implying moving is that easy
>>
>>17276419
I never solved that one, the best solution I know is just to push your career forward faster (more money later). Material possessions are surprisingly comforting. Apartments, boats, ponds with Koi Carp. Study, job, move. If university costs too much where you live do something abroad. There is a lot to do, too much really if you combine travel opportunities and possible career projects.
>>
>>17276467
It is with the internet. Get on craigslist, look for people looking for room mates in the area you want to move to. Bim Boom Bam.
>>
>>17276473
I'm currently in college for programing (course is on break though)

I have bad anxiety, the idea of moving out on my own/with strangers has sent me into an anxiety attack before.
>>
>>17276483
That's an easy push forward, so much to do. It's mostly a self-directed thing, a class will only skim the surface. I know it takes a while just to explore the field and get an idea of all the things there are to look into, nevermind actually learning them and producing systems (but do try things ASAP).

Could you live with your friends? It's basically the same, if you move in with someone you will know them in 2-3 days probably. But if you have a decent job you don't need to share.
>>
>>17276505
Fuck it's just hitting me now how non-existant my motivation has been lately. How do I get it back
>>
>>17276513

>> durr i dunno maybe smoke more weed???
>>
It's almost like constant exposure to depressants messes with your mental health
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.