[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive never been too terribly affected over the loss of family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: feelsbadman.jpg (43 KB, 596x595) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
43 KB, 596x595
Ive never been too terribly affected over the loss of family members, but with my dog, its a huge exception, or will be, rather.

Ive had my dog for 14 years, i was 5 when i got him but now in 19 and his health is going down the drain. Hes been overweight for many years, has a limp, and now just recently, wont eat and lost control of his bladder.

I dont want to wake up one morning and go downstairs to find him dead. I know hes lived a happy life, my dad and I always played with him, and still do, so i know he isnt dying miserably but it just doesnt help my fears.
Is there anything i can do to help prepare my self for this?
>>
Have you taken him to the vet and had him checked? Diagnosed? Make sure he's not in pain?

I ask because it may be that he needs to be put down, and then you'll know it's quick, painless and then it won't be something traumatic like accidentally finding him dead.
>>
Read Tuesday's with Morrie. Torrent it or get a library card (you fuck.). It's a really good memoir about dealing with death, hell, even go to the sparknotes page if you can learn the lessons without fluff.
>>
>>17275500
we have, he has a thyroid problem and breathing problems due to his weight, he takes 6ish pills every morning and night, we put them in cheese though, so he doesnt mind. The most pain he experiences is his one leg really. Im reserving putting him down until he is showing no more of his normal happy goofy self.
>>
>>17275545
he also hates the vet, i dont want his last moments to be in a place he hates and not at home with us
>>
>>17275549
Be aware that more and more vets are doing in-home euthanizations. That is probably an option, you just have to find someone who will do it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.