[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So two of my friends starting dating about two years ago when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 260x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 260x343
So two of my friends starting dating about two years ago when they were still in high school. One of them is a gay(ish), dude with clinical depression and an affinity for mind altering substances. The other is this nerdy chick from a low income family (straight girl, btw) who drinks/smokes occasionally. Gay friend's depression has only gotten worse since high school, and subsequently, so has his drug problem.
So they date on and off- she insists she isn't going to put up with his escalating drug habits (weed, alcohol, coke) and cheating. They keep getting back together because she's convinced he's he's getting better because he talks to her more than he used to. He dropped out of community college to work Taco Bell and got himself a cheap apartment while they were broken up. Then all of a sudden they got back together, and she moved in and is sharing financial responsibility.
Things are fine at first, but then (about a week ago) she calls me (as she often does when shit goes south) and tells me that he's been storing heroine and that he cheated again. I went to go see him while he was fucked up on OxyContin and she was at work and I guess he seemed remorseful, as she insists he is. She's obviously still holding out hope for him and plans to put her name on the lease to his apartment this fall (so I guess she doesn't have committed fiscal responsibility) but still holy shit. They're both my fiends so I don't wan to tell her to break up with him because, oh yeah, he says he'll probably kill himself if she leaves him, but she obviously needs to be out of this situation. And I know it may not seem like it, but he's probably destitute enough to do it.

What do?

Ps- don't ask me about their sex life because I don't have a clue. I think there's a dildo involved somehow.
>>
>>17275366
You niggers really need to learn to greentext
>>
>>17275366
As a friend you need to slap some sense into those two. However, I'm afraid your druggie friend is beyond hope at this point. You can be a white knight and just "rescue" the girl, or be a true friend and get help for your druggie fag friend.

Other than that there isn't much of anything else you can do. The way I see it though it isn't going to end pretty, be prepared for bad news.
>>
>>17275504
Do you even know what a white knight is you dingo
>>
Definitely not gonna be good either way, and I definitely don't wanna "rescue" her to where it seems like I'm just nabbing her for myself. Both my paths here are shit, but is one objectively less so?
>>
File: 1464349500056.jpg (67 KB, 719x699) Image search: [Google]
1464349500056.jpg
67 KB, 719x699
>>17275538

The path of friendship, where you do all you can to help them but that's about it. They have to help themselves at some point.

Just being there trying to help the situation shows you really care.

Good luck op
>>
>just learned how2 greentext
>nothing can stop me
Time to stage an intervention. Thanks guys. Once again the day was saved by 4chan. God fucking bless.
>>
The girl is stupid to the point where you'd be a gigantic fool to even think about getting together with her, were she to become single.

Look, she knows she should get away from this loser, but she just won't do it. What I would tell her is that he's a loser, he's probably going to stay a loser, and she's flushing her life down a toilet by staying with him.

What I would tell him is to fuck off with that "I'm going to kill myself if she leaves" bullshit. He's cheating on her. He's a fucking druggie who promises that he's going to change but then keep doing drugs (and apparently getting into more self-destructive drugs). If he really gave a fuck about her, he'd clean his act up and stop doing things he knows hurt her. If he loved her, he would break up with her or tell her to leave so he didn't keep dragging her down with him.

And as for killing himself, he's already doing it at a slower pace. Instead of killing himself, what he should do is stop being a loser. He's making his life into garbage.

Quite frankly I think you'd be better off cutting both these people out of your life and in the future try to choose friends who aren't trash.
>>
>>17275671
Your words won't go unheeded desu. Gonna at least try to get the girl to leave the situation before giving up on them both though
>>
>>17275889
You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, and it's not really worth your time or effort trying.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.